+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 171 of 625 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Like I said he has a lot of flaws,pretty much the points you have made and I agree with you.

It doesn’t get away from the fact he is the best manager we have had for years though,for that reason and others he will have enough credit in the bank that will result in him being here for a while yet.

I don’t necessarily agree that should be the case but Stewart Milne and co will.
    I agree.
    Talk of him leaving this season is pointless.
    We’d need to be haemorrhaging crowds, be out both cups early & be bottom 6 in January... even then I’d doubt Milne would flinch.

Like you say, “credit in the bank” for 2018/19 as far as Milne is concerned.

And credit DM for being a soothsayer.
    His myopic transfer policy has made us Brexit proof.

I think there are big question marks over the transfer window just past. I don't think the summer before was a bad transfer window on paper. We brought in May, Stewart and GMS and re-loaned Christie who all looked like strong additions (I understand why that's a sore point for some people).

This season none of the new signings with the exception of Ferguson have set the heather alight. I agree that we appear to be weaker than we have been for some time and it's not clear whether we simply failed to attract key targets, whether some players haven't made the impact that was expected (e.g. Forrester) or whether there's an expectation that players such as Ross and Wright would make the step up this season. One area where we do seem strong is in central defence so I'm hoping if nothing else we're going to have a strong defensive record this season.

Clearly I'm prepared to give McInnes more credit for the past than others on here. That doesn't mean I think he's a perfect manager. I just think that all managers have flaws and I'd rather stick with one who had been relatively successful than take a punt on an unknown quantity just for the sake of it. And I think it would rightly be viewed as absurd if we sacked a manager who has just taken us to second place. That said, no manager is bullet proof and if we really struggle this season I expect that McInnes will come under pressure in the same way that any manager would.

Time will tell. He is not bullet proof. I don't agree with the credit in the bank view. A further 8-12 weeks of poor results and he'll be through his overdraft, pressure will be increased and the board will have a decision to take. Where is the run of wins coming from? I predict he won't see the season out, gone by February. What does he have left to bring about an upturn? Change tactics? No chance. James Wilson? Good luck with that Hail Mary.

Mcinnes even on current form won't get the sack for a few seasons yet unless someone comes into the club with a set of balls.

He’s not going anywhere. We can’t afford to sack him even if Milne wanted to, which he doesn’t. No way McInnes is getting offered a contract anywhere else like the one he’s in just now & from what I’ve heard, he’s very, very fond of money

Our success over his reign is right up there with Ross county

not even a match for Inverness , or Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I want him out for the simple fact that I dont think he is taking us forward anymore.
    I would like someone else to win cups, the league or qualify for the group stages of Europe. I have no idea who could do that and if it's worthwhile. But all of McInnes' failings as a manager and inability to improve tactically or in his decision making, have been so obvious for years and are never changing. I'd like the excitement and new manager bounce and think he should have left to Sunderland while in extremely high regard of the support, then he should have gone to Rangers to test himself with better funds and facilities and why he didn't I cannot understand.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The majority on here simply don’t like him,some from the day he walked in the door, and all they do is like to remind each other every day why they don’t like him.
    It's the same everywhere. Same as people that post daily/hourly about their politics on facebook or whatever. Just let it go, you're wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    think he should have left to Sunderland while in extremely high regard of the support, then he should have gone to Rangers to test himself with better funds and facilities and why he didn't I cannot understand.
    Our confuddled chariman played his part well; Sunderland was easy to fend off - with their certainty of sacking ,helped by a contract extension/pay rise .
    As for newco , surely Milne did not want to hamstring the rightful return of the Rangers .

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I think there are big question marks over the transfer window just past. I don't think the summer before was a bad transfer window on paper. We brought in May, Stewart and GMS and re-loaned Christie who all looked like strong additions (I understand why that's a sore point for some people).

This season none of the new signings with the exception of Ferguson have set the heather alight. I agree that we appear to be weaker than we have been for some time and it's not clear whether we simply failed to attract key targets, whether some players haven't made the impact that was expected (e.g. Forrester) or whether there's an expectation that players such as Ross and Wright would make the step up this season. One area where we do seem strong is in central defence so I'm hoping if nothing else we're going to have a strong defensive record this season.

Clearly I'm prepared to give McInnes more credit for the past than others on here. That doesn't mean I think he's a perfect manager. I just think that all managers have flaws and I'd rather stick with one who had been relatively successful than take a punt on an unknown quantity just for the sake of it. And I think it would rightly be viewed as absurd if we sacked a manager who has just taken us to second place. That said, no manager is bullet proof and if we really struggle this season I expect that McInnes will come under pressure in the same way that any manager would.

I think the difficulty is that the majority of Mcinness haters have always been so. You can go back through the threads. It went a bit quiet post split last season. A lot of it stems from the sevco debacle. I was resigned to him going and spitting feathers about the teams form particularly against Sevco during that period. He had a lot of making up for and to some extent particularly post sp!it did that.
    A so so start has emboldened the naysayers into a linch mob who fail to grasp or choose not to recognise the ridiculousness of calling for the manager's head at this stage. They also ignore the fact that almost all the dissenters on here are not fools who worship at the altar of deek. Most of us see his flaws which are feckin frustrating but also recognise that we should be careful what we wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I think the difficulty is that the majority of Mcinness haters have always been so. You can go back through the threads. It went a bit quiet post split last season. A lot of it stems from the sevco debacle. I was resigned to him going and spitting feathers about the teams form particularly against Sevco during that period. He had a lot of making up for and to some extent particularly post sp!it did that.
    A so so start has emboldened the naysayers into a linch mob who fail to grasp or choose not to recognise the ridiculousness of calling for the manager's head at this stage. They also ignore the fact that almost all the dissenters on here are not fools who worship at the altar of deek. Most of us see his flaws which are feckin frustrating but also recognise that we should be careful what we wish for.
    Your painting a false scene. Most fans are reasonable , giving Mciness plenty leeway. I like most hoped he was the answer & would continue in similar or better form to his start here. It's not been the case, plenty of wasted opportunities IMO & blatant flaws where online posters continually select better team formations/tactics.
    But your last comment about being careful what we wish for, sums up the reluctant attitude of many who live in the though bound mental inertia of the ghost of Christmas's past.

Page 171 of 625 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast