+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 352 of 625 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    As things stand at the moment though , a similar season to this one seems a lot more likely.

Maybe the new 4 year deal includes some sort of performance related clause eg contract can be terminated by AFC if we fail to finish in the top 6
    Kidding yourself on

So he knocks back the Scotland job that he wasn't offered and finishes another trophy less season playing hammer throwing football and he's going to be rewarded with a 4yr extension?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    This year will see our poorest return in the league under Derek.
    It’s not been the best to watch I agree.
    We’ve been unfortunate this year with injuries and players not playing as expected / hoped for.
    I’m optimistic that next year can’t be as bad as this year, so let’s see what next season brings.

Although I wouldn’t go as far as to say we’ve been lucky with injuries, we’ve not been unfortunate.
    Fill the squad full of crocks and that’s what happens.
    Fortune has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If it is as bad as this year, what then? A four year deal would leave no room for the club to manoeuvre. It’s a mental position to be in. Fergie wasnt signing 4 year deals at Man Utd ffs
    The problem there is this has in no way been a bad year in terms of wiggys tenure.

I said years ago that Milne should have been chased out of town a long time ago for serving up some of the dross he has given us,now he thinks that McInnes is exceeding expectations but really he is only doing the bare minimum.

This year will see our poorest return in the league under Derek.
    It’s not been the best to watch I agree.
    We’ve been unfortunate this year with injuries and players not playing as expected / hoped for.
    I’m optimistic that next year can’t be as bad as this year, so let’s see what next season brings.
    We’d need to finish above the huns in the league and win a cup before any club in England would be interested in him, and net us a fortune.
    Highly unlikely I’d suggest.

Instead, we’re handcuffing ourselves to DM, as we sure as sh1t aren’t going to pay him £1m to go if we struggle again next year, and the year after.

It’s madness when there’s no interest in him & we appear to be, at beat, stagnating under him.
    I’d personally say we’re regressing.

If I was in charge, I’d let his contract run. Where’s the pressure to panic?
    See how we’re doing mid season.
    If doing well, then offer a 2 year contract.
    If struggling, let it run the whole season & say thank you & goodbye next May with no compensation required.

Fair play.
    It can be good to take in a neutral game, especially if the team you support are not playing or you find yourself in a location that offers the chance of a different game.
    I don’t really get opting for football tourism as a choice against supporting your main team though to be honest.
    I am not being negative against the club by chucking its more things change I guess. There are a few reasons. One, I really haven't enjoyed a second of this season, two I don't like the manager and his approach to games and we are regressing, three with the wee man now following me a lot and asking to go to games and loving it. the 400ish quid will be more to go to Pittodrie but also he likes "little games". By this where he can take his ball in , where old mannies speak to him, where everyone speaks to him really. where its more personal pretty much. then when they are on a Saturday its a full father son day out with a point of interest in the morning lunch/picnic then a game. He loves it. I cant do that with him every weekend for two reasons. So I have to weigh things up. That little boy is far more important than AFC. He also said when I left him on Wednesday "can we go to heaps of little games when you are back"

The worst thing I did was start watching neutral football as I started to enjoy fitba a lot more when I didn't give a f@ck about the outcome. I went to 15 games last month home and it was amazing and the entertainment value was top notch (barring Coupar Angus)

Lochee United 1-3 East Craigie (one of the biggest upsets in Junior fitba this season)
    Carlisle United 1-0 Lincoln City (Carlisle pissed on Lincolns winning the league, won it in the end)
    Ayr United 1 - 3 Ross County
    Auchinleck Talbot 6-0 Carluke Rovers (Got to witness what a fantastic club AT are from top to bottom)
    NEC Nijmegen 2 v 1 RKC Waalwijk
    Heerenveen 2 v 2 VVV (Heerenveen chucked a daft last minute equalizer)
    PEC Zwolle 1 v 2 Groningen (abandoned due to lightning)
    Pollok 4 - 0 Clydebank
    Forfar West End 4 v 4 Tayport Best game I have seen this season and Tayport went up 3-2 in the 90th minute, great viewing)
    Twente 2 v 2 Cambuur (Twentes title party ruined as Cambuur scored two after 90 mins, three actually but the other was wrongfully chopped off)
    Rot Weiss Oberhausen 1-1 Rot Weiss Essen (Got caught up in running street battles and a hail of bottles at train station, wrongfully detained by police for two hours)
    Downfield 0-4 Broughty Athletic (biggest capitulation ive ever seen. Broughty score all 4 in 3 mins)
    Blairgowrie 3-4 Forfar West End
    Shotts Bon Accord 3-4 Blantyre Victoria (Shotts blew the league)
    Coupar Angus 0-1 Forfar Albion (Two of the three worst junior team in Scotland doing battle for a laugh)

More enjoyment in 5 weeks than I have in a couple of seasons watching Aberdeen. Wee man was at 6 of them. 62 goals in 14 and a bit games is f@cking decent.

So with things changing for the first time in 30 years I have totally drifted away from Pittodrie. But in a good way as my hobby is tying in with my son. Whats not to like

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    word on donstalk of a new 4 year deal being offered.
    oh. F uck.

There doesn't need to be anything to blind Milne but everyone else seems to be blinded by this new bloody stadium.

I’m totally with Mason on this one. Don’t mind Deek at all and respect what he’s achieved but, to quote Orange James, he’s reached his shelf life. Four years is a step back to the excess of the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I am not being negative against the club by chucking its more things change I guess. There are a few reasons. One, I really haven't enjoyed a second of this season, two I don't like the manager and his approach to games and we are regressing, three with the wee man now following me a lot and asking to go to games and loving it. the 400ish quid will be more to go to Pittodrie but also he likes "little games". By this where he can take his ball in , where old mannies speak to him, where everyone speaks to him really. where its more personal pretty much. then when they are on a Saturday its a full father son day out with a point of interest in the morning lunch/picnic then a game. He loves it. I cant do that with him every weekend for two reasons. So I have to weigh things up. That little boy is far more important than AFC. He also said when I left him on Wednesday "can we go to heaps of little games when you are back"

The worst thing I did was start watching neutral football as I started to enjoy fitba a lot more when I didn't give a f@ck about the outcome. I went to 15 games last month home and it was amazing and the entertainment value was top notch (barring Coupar Angus)

Lochee United 1-3 East Craigie (one of the biggest upsets in Junior fitba this season)
    Carlisle United 1-0 Lincoln City (Carlisle pissed on Lincolns winning the league, won it in the end)
    Ayr United 1 - 3 Ross County
    Auchinleck Talbot 6-0 Carluke Rovers (Got to witness what a fantastic club AT are from top to bottom)
    NEC Nijmegen 2 v 1 RKC Waalwijk
    Heerenveen 2 v 2 VVV (Heerenveen chucked a daft last minute equalizer)
    PEC Zwolle 1 v 2 Groningen (abandoned due to lightning)
    Pollok 4 - 0 Clydebank
    Forfar West End 4 v 4 Tayport Best game I have seen this season and Tayport went up 3-2 in the 90th minute, great viewing)
    Twente 2 v 2 Cambuur (Twentes title party ruined as Cambuur scored two after 90 mins, three actually but the other was wrongfully chopped off)
    Rot Weiss Oberhausen 1-1 Rot Weiss Essen (Got caught up in running street battles and a hail of bottles at train station, wrongfully detained by police for two hours)
    Downfield 0-4 Broughty Athletic (biggest capitulation ive ever seen. Broughty score all 4 in 3 mins)
    Blairgowrie 3-4 Forfar West End
    Shotts Bon Accord 3-4 Blantyre Victoria (Shotts blew the league)
    Coupar Angus 0-1 Forfar Albion (Two of the three worst junior team in Scotland doing battle for a laugh)

More enjoyment in 5 weeks than I have in a couple of seasons watching Aberdeen. Wee man was at 6 of them. 62 goals in 14 and a bit games is f@cking decent.

So with things changing for the first time in 30 years I have totally drifted away from Pittodrie. But in a good way as my hobby is tying in with my son. Whats not to like
    Like button.

Page 352 of 625 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast