+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 625 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    That's a stinkin' record. If we'd even taken 50% of the points from these games we'd be top of the league.

Problem having lost that game v Hibs is that McInnes will likely now go for an even more ridiculous set up against Celtic, rather than just reverting back to the normal system that actually works!

If you were going to adapt anything against Hibs (not that I think we needed to - our normal set up has taken care of them twice previously this season!) it would have been in the central midfield shape, because that's where Hibs are strongest. There was no reason whatsoever that I can fathom for overloading the left hand side of the pitch and having nobody on the right. It affected every player on the pitch as nobody seemed to know what they were doing, and there was never an outball on the right hand side. I agree with a previous comment that to bring Nwakali in for his first start into a set up that nobody knew was always going to be a total disaster. I don't blame the lad for a minute - he just looked like he didn't know where he was meant to be and neither did anyone around him.

He'll likely do something daft against Celtic as well - probably bring in another 2 central defenders and play 5 central defenders, plus Logan and GMS as wing backs.

I'm usually an optimist and as I've said before I generally like McInnes... but I think we're on course to blow it this season due to our inability to just stick to our normal game plan in the big games. It's as if McInnes doesn't actually believe the players are good enough to mix it with the top sides so he has to compensate. Reality is they are good enough when they are allowed to play in the normal shape and system. Just leave things alone Derek!!!!
    If we have a "normal" system (and that in itself is debateable) then an integral part of it is Shinnie being deployed in midfield. That was certainly the case when we beat Hibs 4-1

So McInnes quite simply could not have played a "normal" system , as we don't have anyone else available to adequately replace Shinnie

And Christie should probably also be regarded as part of the "normal" system .

So Derek doesn't really have the option to leave things alone for the game against the Tims

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    If we have a "normal" system (and that in itself is debateable) then an integral part of it is Shinnie being deployed in midfield. That was certainly the case when we beat Hibs 4-1

So McInnes quite simply could not have played a "normal" system , as we don't have anyone else available to adequately replace Shinnie

So Derek doesn't really have the option to leave things alone for the game against the Tims
    The system doesn't have to change because the players do. The Christie signing is always a huge debate with our fans and rightly so. He is a breath of fresh air, but whats the point when you cant play him against one of your nearest rivals. As for Shinnie, well Derek knew he would be suspended yet he didnt take the opportunity to address that before the Hibs game. The system and tactics can stay the same, but they wont and its the 6 defensive players he continues to throw into these games that f*cks me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    but they wont and its the 6 defensive players he continues to throw into these games that f*cks me off.
    I fully expect this to be the case on Sunday

I'm actually nae fussed I'm offshore and miss it because I f@cking hate celtic games these days

You wouldn’t mind the whole 6 defenders thing, if it had given anyone any indication at all that it might work

The U20s just pumped the Tims 4-1. Maybe play them instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The U20s just pumped the Tims 4-1. Maybe play them instead?

With a couple loanees

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You wouldn’t mind the whole 6 defenders thing, if it had given anyone any indication at all that it might work
    Away to Hibs earlier in the season ?

Although I doubt if this 6 defenders thing actually stands up to close scrutiny. Unless you're counting the goalie as one of the 6

Away to Hibs earlier in the season ?

Although I doubt if this 6 defenders thing actually stands up to close scrutiny. Unless you're counting the goalie as one of the 6
    3-0 loss to rangers - Considine, McKenna, Arnason, Logan, Oconner and Shinnie. That’s 6 defensive minded players, granted Shinnie is a midfielder for us, but he is defensive. Minus the goal keeper we had four players who we relied on to press the Huns, one of whom got sent off.

Of course we have a "normal" system - its the one we play in pretty much every other game - 4-2-3-1. It works - everyone knows what they're doing.

So because Shinnie is out we should change the whole system? Why not just play Ball or Nwakali in Shinnie's position and leave everything else the same?

Even against Celtic with Shinnie and Christie out - just play Nwakali or Ball instead of Shinnie and put Stewart in instead of Christie or something. Obviously you adapt a little bit depending on who you're playing, but it's been proven time and time again that making drastic changes doesn't work, so why on earth he keeps doing it I don't know. Play the same formation and just replace the player missing - guaranteed we'd have done better on Saturday with that approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Of course we have a "normal" system - its the one we play in pretty much every other game - 4-2-3-1. It works - everyone knows what they're doing.

So because Shinnie is out we should change the whole system? Why not just play Ball or Nwakali in Shinnie's position and leave everything else the same?

Even against Celtic with Shinnie and Christie out - just play Nwakali or Ball instead of Shinnie and put Stewart in instead of Christie or something. Obviously you adapt a little bit depending on who you're playing, but it's been proven time and time again that making drastic changes doesn't work, so why on earth he keeps doing it I don't know. Play the same formation and just replace the player missing - guaranteed we'd have done better on Saturday with that approach.
    It isn’t just the formation in these games,he played 4-2-3-1 against the Huns in January and the last time we played them at Pittodrie and we were still shyte.

It’s also about McInnes preparing the players properly for these games,if he sent them out with the same attitude he did for the Hibs 4-1 game at the very least the cheeks would be given a game.

Page 6 of 625 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast