+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 251 of 625 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    McInnes being considered for the Luton job
    I will personally drive him down there if he gets the job. As a big thank you to the delightful football we employ against Celtic.

As expected , he was never a real possibility for Stoke. Job is far too big for him and I expect Luton Town would not be interested either. Tbh I don't see any English league club courting DM. He is here until a natural parting or a shocker run of results, but Rico is right in that 8 defeats in 10 probably won't register at SM door. His next job will be in Scotland, United or similar, he'll not get a better job than Aberdeen.

Name:  ****e****e****e.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  51.5 KB

(been itchin to use this screenshot ... reckon it belongs aboot here-ish )

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    As expected , he was never a real possibility for Stoke. Job is far too big for him and I expect Luton Town would not be interested either. Tbh I don't see any English league club courting DM. He is here until a natural parting or a shocker run of results, but Rico is right in that 8 defeats in 10 probably won't register at SM door. His next job will be in Scotland, United or similar, he'll not get a better job than Aberdeen.
    Still reckon he'll be gone by February ?

If his next job does turn out to be in Scotland , I reckon it's more likely to be the Scotland job rather than another club

Obviously not as you gathered from my post. He had a massive break with the cup result at Easter Road. Never know how we went through that night as it was **** all to do with a brilliant defensive performance. Lowe, who rightly has been praised, had a hard time that evening. I still believe with DM in place the direction we take will be south. A run of results in December has brightened all, but only when he changed his style and formation. I expect he will revert to type in the near future.

Obviously not as you gathered from my post. He had a massive break with the cup result at Easter Road. Never know how we went through that night as it was **** all to do with a brilliant defensive performance. Lowe, who rightly has been praised, had a hard time that evening. I still believe with DM in place the direction we take will be south. A run of results in December has brightened all, but only when he changed his style and formation. I expect he will revert to type in the near future.
    I may have misunderstood you but are you seriously suggesting that the club would have considered sacking him if we had lost to a high flying Hibs (at the time) at Easter Road. I am not disagreeing that the game was brutal .

Not saying that at all, but the Hibs result was huge for him. If we had lost we may not have seen the run of results afterwards. I fully expected us to be out and sitting around 5th at the break considering we couldn't buy a goal. He would have been under scrutiny had this been the case. Its not so its more of the same.

Favourite for the Luton job is Stephen Robinson... I’m sure DM would be considered but that would be a fair drop down for him.

Deary me I have read some right piish on here today but that truly takes the biscuit.

If Nathan Jones can get the Stoke job off the back off some limited success then there is absolutely no reason why DM wont get a similar offer that this time he wont turn down, chairmen of EFL clubs are not reading the jaundiced view of a tiny minority of fans, they look at the consistency he has delivered at a club that hadn't had any for many years, cup finals etc.

I'm by no means his biggest fan but the bloke really cant do right for wrong with some folk on here.

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    Deary me I have read some right piish on here today but that truly takes the biscuit.

If Nathan Jones can get the Stoke job off the back off some limited success then there is absolutely no reason why DM wont get a similar offer that this time he wont turn down, chairmen of EFL clubs are not reading the jaundiced view of a tiny minority of fans, they look at the consistency he has delivered at a club that hadn't had any for many years, cup finals etc.

I'm by no means his biggest fan but the bloke really cant do right for wrong with some folk on here.
    We'll see then..........not a sniff he is getting an offer of Stoke or above. Share your poll when you wish. i would be interested to know the % of jaundiced opinions.

Page 251 of 625 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast