Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
The historical comparison doesn't work for me, you cannot separate the manager from the times in which we was working in.

For instance, it's difficult to assess Ebbe Skovdahl's tenure when even clubs like Dundee were bringing experienced international players whilst we were making do with the likes of Phil McGuire & Ben Thornley.

McInnes hasn't had competition for much of his reign from Govan and even now it's very diluted. Hearts went into administration and were relegated, Hibs and Dundee United were in the second tier too. Only now is the old status quo beginning to re-assert itself (United aside)

McInnes needs to stop repeating his tactical mistakes and find a way to win silverware because as soon as this run of second places end, people like yourself will start calling for his head too.

However, my feeling is that the he's missed the chance to become more than a one cup wonder (the 2014 Scottish Cup was there on a plate for him after putting Celtic out at Parkhead) and he's now just wanting to maintain the steady performances and hope that another job that's attractive to him comes his way.
Sums up my feelings. Right now he's probably doing a good job but I said time and time again that we should have done more when the usual competition were all basket cases. Definitely a missed opportunity, things were so much easier. Even now the competition isn't great.