+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 99 of 625 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199599 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

On McInnes . I've never seen such a collection of dud signings ball! arnason! Nkwali! May! Mackay Steven is OK when fit or sober but they just don't cut it. McInnes also has a total disregard for young players bar McKenna who anybody could see was good enough. Considine plays every game paceless! Harvie never gets a chance. Ball plays r back what a donkey. Must be a r back in the u 20,s that could do better but never get a chance . that's 4 years and McInnes still can't sign a decent striker. basic management not up to the job. A dereliction of duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashmoney999 View Post
    On McInnes . I've never seen such a collection of dud signings ball! arnason! Nkwali! May! Mackay Steven is OK when fit or sober but they just don't cut it. McInnes also has a total disregard for young players bar McKenna who anybody could see was good enough. Considine plays every game paceless! Harvie never gets a chance. Ball plays r back what a donkey. Must be a r back in the u 20,s that could do better but never get a chance . that's 4 years and McInnes still can't sign a decent striker. basic management not up to the job. A dereliction of duty.
    Scott McKenna was only thrown in after the first cup debacle against Motherwell.
    He’d still be waiting his chance or have been put on loan again if we’d scraped through that tie.

It would be good to see the likes of Harvie, Dean Campbell (not long 17 so maybe a bit early), & Bruce Anderson get nearer the first team next season. Even on the bench.
    I’d much rather that than bench fillers like Nwakali & Ball who clearly aren’t up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Tommy McQueen 86 cup final, if someone doesnae grab Willie, Tommy's eating through a straw.
    Great final that, won a bunch the week before and accordingly lumped on:
    Aberdeen to win
    Hewitt 1st goal
    3-0 correct score and then some of our mutual chums(usual suspects)staring in disbelief as Stark’s goal was disallowed calling me a jammy @@&@&......mates eh😉
    I don’t know about Tommy, I certainly dined out well in a couple local establishments that are sadly gone courtesy of William Hill, there were straws though, only for cocktails.

SF

Can't remember anyone calling Arnason or May a "dud" signing at the time. Pretty sure most were quite excited and thought they were good signings.

Also don't remember anyone saying McKenna was clearly good enough. Most we're saying he didn't set the heather alight when out on loan at Ayr United.

Easy to criticise in hindsight.

McInnes has made a few blunders in the transfer market, so hard every manager in the game. Even Sir Alex has made some brutal choices in his career. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Can't remember anyone calling Arnason or May a "dud" signing at the time. Pretty sure most were quite excited and thought they were good signings.

Also don't remember anyone saying McKenna was clearly good enough. Most we're saying he didn't set the heather alight when out on loan at Ayr United.

Easy to criticise in hindsight.

McInnes has made a few blunders in the transfer market, so hard every manager in the game. Even Sir Alex has made some brutal choices in his career. It happens.
    Yes Derek has only made a few blunders !!

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Yes Derek has only made a few blunders !!
    Name a manager who hasn't?

McInnes has made more than a few blunders in the transfer market compared to the success stories. Signing crocked or recently crocked players certainly does not help. Paying wages to a guy who obviously had little or no chance of playing this season and has a huge question mark in general about how good he was never mind will be after he comes back from injury .... hardly inspiring stuff more of a gamble with the odds certainly not in our favour.

Not long ago Considine was our biggest weakness but now I fear he is not which says so much about the direction DM is taking this squad.

To 87 kilos . McKenna was chucked in out of desperation, because we got destroyed by motherwell he looked good so he stayed in the team. Arnason was finished 2 years a go I've witnessed an oil tanker turn quicker. He costs us games every time he plays. May has been injured on and off for 2 years yet McInnes couldn't wait to sign him because he was a good player 4 years a go. No imagination! O'Connor playing in midfield. ball at right back. considine at left back. And strikers that are slower than most centre halfs in the league. McInnes bottles every big game we play in and plays 5 at the back . if the manager has no balls either will the players. square pegs in round holes never work . blood the young players for next season might find another couple like McKenna. But he won't . mcinnes takes the negative or safe option every time. I'm sure you will agree with that 87 kilos.

Totally agree red star. Frank Ross as well . he came on for the last 15 minutes against the smelly huns if I recall , and was our best player on the day . havnt seen him since. Scott wright as well .McInnes has killed his confidence should of put him on against Celtic in the cup final instead of paceless Rooney . we couldn't get out our half. Wright was on form at the time still didn't put him on. Hardly seen him since. Big moments like that set young players back .

To 87 kilos . McKenna was chucked in out of desperation, because we got destroyed by motherwell he looked good so he stayed in the team. Arnason was finished 2 years a go I've witnessed an oil tanker turn quicker. He costs us games every time he plays. May has been injured on and off for 2 years yet McInnes couldn't wait to sign him because he was a good player 4 years a go. No imagination! O'Connor playing in midfield. ball at right back. considine at left back. And strikers that are slower than most centre halfs in the league. McInnes bottles every big game we play in and plays 5 at the back . if the manager has no balls either will the players. square pegs in round holes never work . blood the young players for next season might find another couple like McKenna. But he won't . mcinnes takes the negative or safe option every time. I'm sure you will agree with that 87 kilos.
    Better watch, the happy clappers will be frothing at the mouth after reading that. How dare you criticise McInnes after all he has achieved this season!!

Page 99 of 625 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199599 ... LastLast