+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Also for those blaming Milne for not letting him go to Rangers, you are kidding yourselves. If McInnes had wanted to go to Rangers you wouldn't have seen him for dust regardless of what Milne said or did.
    Most people are not as simplistic as you imagine.
    Of course it wasn't just Milne who would've persuaded him. Those of his family & friends , colleagues (with their own motives)etc
    would've influenced him with their suggestions.. etc.
    Milne had the script from the Sunderland episode to use & who knows what else went on between them,

It's never black & white is it. Unless he flipped a coin at the end , which he may have done
    & is now possibly regretting not moving.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    You know in some countries if a chairman came out and said that about one of their fiercest rivals they would have been hounded out of the club within 24 hours.
    Would have been certainly happend elsewhere, sadly though 20 plus yrs of apathy has left a mark on a lot of our support.
    In better days gone by he would have been Ehlex Smiffed 1992 style out the door by our fans.
    Last edited by EintrachtFrankfurt; 11-03-2018 at 01:25 PM.

We aren’t going to be debt free for much longer,we might have to sack him but you are kidding yourself if you think we will be able to bring in a decent manager and give him sufficient funds for players with this stadium looming over us.
    We could certainly handle giving Kilmarnock funds for Stevie Clarke. The new stadium will be a manageable debt I would imagine (hope). Letting a manager continue just for the sake of it just stinks of a club accepting failure.

Quote Originally Posted by EintrachtFrankfurt View Post
    Would have been certainly elsewhere sadly though 20 plus yrs of apathy has left a mark on a lot of our support.
    We are a happy clapping club. We accept mediocrity and like to act like we are just here to make up the numbers. A sad indictment of Aberdeen FC!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I seen a stat before the game at Ibrox today that since Murty has been in charge of them that he is top of the leaderboard of managers gathering points. McInnes is 5th!
    This point was just to highlight our downward spiral and it should be alarming even to the happy clappers.
    All this nonsense about we cannot afford to get rid of McInnes....yes we can. We are debt free and were willing to stump up good money for Christie from Celtic. I suggest we get a decent manager first before we try and give the likes of Celtic more cash.
    I did see that stat but I think the reality is that we have been on a downward spiral for the whole season and not just since Murty was appointed (and hence when the McInnes saga with sevco ended). Whilst we had a decent points total at that point the reality is that we were not playing well and were lucky in a number of games that we won. The chickens are coming home to roost in what has been three diabolically bad transfer windows in a row - we simply don't have the quality of players to compete with the better teams as has been proven time and again this season - yes we could do a bit better with better team selections and formation/tactics but ultimately we don't have enough good players

You know in some countries if a chairman came out and said that about one of their fiercest rivals they would have been hounded out of the club within 24 hours.
    His comments were a clear indication that he’s so out of touch with the Dons support & came from someone who’s not a “proper” football supporter.
    Hopefully once we’re in “the Aurora” he might step aside.

We are a happy clapping club. We accept mediocrity and like to act like we are just here to make up the numbers. A sad indictment of Aberdeen FC!
    Yes and the rot always starts at the top in football clubs. A club of this size should never be happy just to make up the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by EintrachtFrankfurt View Post
    Yes and the rot always starts at the top in football clubs. A club of this size should never be happy just to make up the numbers.
    Totally agree. Our football club are falling asleep again when our rivals are tooling up. Funny that as I am sure it was our own club that talked about tooling up!

Totally agree. Our football club are falling asleep again when our rivals are tooling up. Funny that as I am sure it was our own club that talked about tooling up!
    Milne malaise part200!

I also worry we are falling asleep on the player recruitment front. Of the 18 players stripped yesterday 10 will not be here next season as loans or contracts end. We only had Lewis missing and have signed Devlin and maybe Ross to come back from loan. On the assumption we won't be paying any more fees for players it will all have to be out of contract players so where is the activity on pre-contracts? Or are we going to have another season with a stupid amount of loans?

Page 49 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast