+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 625 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Or far to many people accept hes nae McGhee
    The only people that bring up the fact that he is better than McGhee these days is you and aldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He now can't get them motivated against the Huns and this season he's struggled against hearts as well.

How long does he get to sort it out?

Do we just accept it since no-one else is going to do a better job in your opinion?

We've had the same stubborn issues for a while now.
    It doesn’t really matter what my opinion is on how long I would give him to sort it out, I would imagine that Stewart Milne doesn’t even see it as a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It doesn’t really matter what my opinion is on how long I would give him to sort it out, I would imagine that Stewart Milne doesn’t even see it as a problem.
    That's partly down to the general acceptance of mediocrity though. He's safe as houses because so many people won't or can't see the obvious flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's partly down to the general acceptance of mediocrity though. He's safe as houses because so many people won't or can't see the obvious flaws.
    The general acceptance of mediocrity has come from 2 decades of Stewart Milne being the chairman.If Stewart Milne was any sort of chairman he would be telling McInnes the results and performances against the cheeks have been unacceptable,I doubt he has though.

I can’t speak for everybody but I see the obvious flaws McInnes has,even if I didn’t I would still know about them because you,pac and mason bring them up every feckin day

The general acceptance of mediocrity has come from 2 decades of Stewart Milne being the chairman.If Stewart Milne was any sort of chairman he would be telling McInnes the results and performances against the cheeks have been unacceptable,I doubt he has though.

I can’t speak for everybody but I see the obvious flaws McInnes has,even if I didn’t I would still know about them because you,pac and mason bring them up every feckin day
    I'm not as vociferous as those two bell ends. I'd consider myself moderate

The only people that bring up the fact that he is better than McGhee these days is you and aldo.
    The McGhee line is the collective for folk who say the likes of "look where we were before", "celtic are a free hit if we come second" etc. Defeatist knobs. I put up with two all day on sat. Its despicable

A sevco/pig wbitewash is acceptable to Milne as he wont sack him. But to any fan who wants McAnus after the inevitable then f@ck you.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 21-02-2018 at 06:39 PM.

I like McInnes, I think where we were when he took over to where we are now are night and day, for context:

2009 4th with 53 points (JC's last season)
    2010 9th with 41 points
    2011 9th with 38 points
    2012 9th with 41 points
    2013 8th with 48 points
    2014 3rd with 68 points (McInnes first full season)
    2015 2nd with 75 points
    2016 2nd with 71 points
    2017 2nd with 76 points

And i would argue the football played under McInnes is better than that of his immediate predecessors. He has undoubtedly changed the mentality at the club, both on and off the field, and dragged the club forward into a more professional culture.

Now, with that being said, I would also argue that he has taken this team as far as he can with the resources available. I think that he has turned us into a team that wins more than it loses, but can struggle when faced with better opposition. Essentially we are flat track bullies, we beat everyone outside the OF consistently.

If McInnes stays or goes is largely irrelevant unless the board release funds to strengthen the squad in a serious way as no manager will take us much further without it, in my opinion.

McInnes has so far guaranteed us top 2/3 and the odd cup final with these resources. If you change manager, you are gambling that consistency. Will a new manager make us any better? Maybe, but without the investment i struggle to see why we should take the risk

McInnes does frustrate me, but at the minute, im willing to live with his deficiencies if it means we are still in with a chance of silverware

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    I like McInnes, I think where we were when he took over to where we are now are night and day, for context:

2009 4th with 53 points (JC's last season)
    2010 9th with 41 points
    2011 9th with 38 points
    2012 9th with 41 points
    2013 8th with 48 points
    2014 3rd with 68 points (McInnes first full season)
    2015 2nd with 75 points
    2016 2nd with 71 points
    2017 2nd with 76 points

And i would argue the football played under McInnes is better than that of his immediate predecessors. He has undoubtedly changed the mentality at the club, both on and off the field, and dragged the club forward into a more professional culture.

Now, with that being said, I would also argue that he has taken this team as far as he can with the resources available. I think that he has turned us into a team that wins more than it loses, but can struggle when faced with better opposition. Essentially we are flat track bullies, we beat everyone outside the OF consistently.

If McInnes stays or goes is largely irrelevant unless the board release funds to strengthen the squad in a serious way as no manager will take us much further without it, in my opinion.

McInnes has so far guaranteed us top 2/3 and the odd cup final with these resources. If you change manager, you are gambling that consistency. Will a new manager make us any better? Maybe, but without the investment i struggle to see why we should take the risk

McInnes does frustrate me, but at the minute, im willing to live with his deficiencies if it means we are still in with a chance of silverware
    McInnes has no chance of lifting more silverware as Aberdeen boss. We cannot beat Celtic as this and last season proved.
    I agree that we are consistent regarding the league. The unfortunate truth is that we are not in it to win the league and are just making up the numbers as previously said.
    Who honestly thinks we will win the Scottish cup this season?
    Anyone actually believe we will win against Celtic at our home stadium on Sunday?
    I like the McInnes fan club will opt for the safe option. I think we won’t win on Sunday and we will not win the final in May.
    Change is only risky if you don’t believe you can replace with better than you had. Time for the debt free club to grow a set and be more ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes has no chance of lifting more silverware as Aberdeen boss. We cannot beat Celtic as this and last season proved.
    I agree that we are consistent regarding the league. The unfortunate truth is that we are not in it to win the league and are just making up the numbers as previously said.
    Who honestly thinks we will win the Scottish cup this season?
    Anyone actually believe we will win against Celtic at our home stadium on Sunday?
    I like the McInnes fan club will opt for the safe option. I think we won’t win on Sunday and we will not win the final in May.
    Change is only risky if you don’t believe you can replace with better than you had. Time for the debt free club to grow a set and be more ambitious.
    I don't think we will win on Sunday, but we will the Scottish Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    I don't think we will win on Sunday, but we will the Scottish Cup.
    You honestly think we will win the Scottish cup this year? What gives you the confidence? (Not having a go at all, just curious)

Page 10 of 625 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast