+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 150 of 625 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

McInnes is going nowhere. If attendances start to drop and the club begins to suffer financially then that might put a bit of pressure on McInnes from the board but I agree with others that he has enough credit in the bank for this season.

The problem is that some supporters are unhappy with our performance last season and would like to have seen him sacked already, especially given the poor performances against the Glasgow clubs. While I understand the reasons for that view, it's completely detached from reality in terms of what the board expects and what McInnes has delivered.

My main concern is that our recruitment strategy has been iffy for the past few seasons. Recruitment is the most important factor on the footballing side as far as I'm concerned. That makes more of a difference than any of the names being touted as an alternative to McInnes could. We seem to be getting priced out of the market that we are used to shopping in and it isn't clear that the club is developing an alternative strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Funnily enough I recall a vast majority of forum posters wanting Derek Adams when we took McInnes on....
    Yes there was a few on here at the time who wanted Adams as our manager.

I recall at the time George Yule was the one who wanted Adams at board level,Ross County told us we would have to pay compensation so Milne took over and interviewed a few people.McInnes impressed him in his interview and got the job.

I’m sure other candidates were Billy Stark who was the Scotland u21 manager at the time and Eric Black.

McInnes is the longest serving manager in the Scottish Premiership....what a treat. What will come first...McInnes sacked or relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    McInnes is going nowhere. If attendances start to drop and the club begins to suffer financially then that might put a bit of pressure on McInnes from the board but I agree with others that he has enough credit in the bank for this season.

The problem is that some supporters are unhappy with our performance last season and would like to have seen him sacked already, especially given the poor performances against the Glasgow clubs. While I understand the reasons for that view, it's completely detached from reality in terms of what the board expects and what McInnes has delivered.

My main concern is that our recruitment strategy has been iffy for the past few seasons. Recruitment is the most important factor on the footballing side as far as I'm concerned. That makes more of a difference than any of the names being touted as an alternative to McInnes could. We seem to be getting priced out of the market that we are used to shopping in and it isn't clear that the club is developing an alternative strategy.
    Yip, pretty much this ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes is the longest serving manager in the Scottish Premiership....what a treat. What will come first...McInnes sacked or relegation?
    Neither, he will walk at some point. Given he won't get a decent job in Englandshire my money is on him being the next Scotland manager after McLeish gets his jotters in early 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Given that McInnes hasn't finished lower than 3rd in his five seasons at the Dons I think you'll be waiting a while for relegation with him at the helm.

I'm not especially optimistic for this season but then I really didn't expect us to finish 2nd last season.

Do you really think the McInnes era has been that dismal? Supporting a football team consists mostly of following a team through long periods of mediocrity or pure sh*te interspersed with a few highs (see AFC circa 1995-2014). Perhaps McInnes biggest problem is that he has made finishing 2nd seem boring.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 17-09-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Good call ragnarok

I agree we seem to be continually priced out of the market or wont fork out that additional 100K for someone DM actually wanted.
    What happens is we go for a freebie who has injury issues to fill a gap.
    I would imagine DM is hardly impressed but wont admit it publically with a board who wont supply that additional cash when required.

I don't feel the board have been as supportive financially as they could be. We the fans are constantly digging deep into our pockets but there is a limit.

We have a decent squad ( when fit ) but upfront is an utter joke and should have been addressed

Cosgrove and May are a poor substitute and I suspect their total goal tally for the whole season between them will be less than double figures combined that's how bad things are

My main concern is that our recruitment strategy has been iffy
    Not exactly 100% accurate with that statement, it would have been spot on and hitting the nail on the head if you said
    "by enlarge our recruitment strategy and dealings in the last few seasons has been utterly and totally sh!te and DM is 100% responsible for this and it is time for him to go"

Thank you for your service to the club but don't let the door hit you on the @rse on the way oot, next please.................
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 18-09-2018 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Not exactly 100% accurate with that statement, it would have been spot on and hitting the nail on the head if you said
    "by enlarge our recruitment strategy and dealings in the last few seasons has been utterly and totally sh!te and DM is 100% responsible for this and it is time for him to go"

Thank you for your service to the club but don't let the door hit you on the @rse on the way oot, next please.................
    I refer you to the second paragraph in my post that you quoted.

I refer you to the second paragraph in my post that you quoted.
    Opinions my friend, opinions.
    Everyone is entitled to them including you and me.

SF

Page 150 of 625 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast