+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 163 of 625 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Next to no opportunity? Really? 42 games is more than a season of league games. He's had plenty of opportunity to prove exactly what he is.

To answer your earlier question Rooney scored 9 goals in 20 games in Europe, pretty much exactly the same strike rate as the domestic games he played for us

He also scored 21 out of 22 penalties he took for us (Adam why the fcuk did you go down the middle for the only time against Maribor?) Even if you remove all of these he still scored a goal every three games versus one in seven games for May. I wonder if May took 22 penalties how many he would score???
    Again you have failed to grasp my point. Opportunities mean played to his strengths and actually having opportunities created for him. Not playing him as a lone striker. That's not the same as game time. Do you think Greig Stewart got a fair crack of the whip ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Oh great stuff guys ! It's very easy to pick one point in isolation. I have never said we should have got rid of Rooney but I stand by my point that he should no longer be our first pick forward for the reasons I've given. He wanted to move to a club where he was first pick. Move on ffs !

If the best you can do is we should get rid of Mcinness because he let a wanting away Rooney leave the club you need to get a grip
    I don't think anyone is saying letting Rooney leave is the issue.
    The issue is letting him leave and having absolutely fvcking nobody who knows where the net is, to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Great stuff to come home from a ****e day at work to.

I've wanted him out for 2 years. It will keep going South, the best days were at the outset when it wasn't his players. He continues to try the same approach with poorer players. His signings are rotten. Get every decision going and we'll still only be 5th, tops. Dead man walking, SM knows it and when push comes to shove he'll save himself and bullet the hun. Bring it on.

Can't wait when the first round of games are done..........the next blethering of sh1te will be special.
    Let me guess . Are you a motivational speaker ?

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying letting Rooney leave is the issue.
    The issue is letting him leave and having absolutely fvcking nobody who knows where the net is, to replace him.
    We signed f ucking Wilson. My hibs supporting mate who knew more about him than I said he would have him in a heartbeat.

Well hopefully Wilson and maybe even May will prove us wrong not forgetting Anderson
    It probably is Mcinness increasingly outdated notion of playing with one striker. Particularly without a rampant Hayes and McGinn which was the only way playing one up top was ever going to produce goals and not a borefest
    A decent post and as the last sentence says it is obvious to nearly every Aberdeen supporter that we are struggling with this one man up front tactic. It is not beneficial for gaining positive results and making us a better threat to opponents we come up against. Our manager for some reason cannot see past his boring dull tactics and is ultimately shooting himself in the foot by continually adopting this approach.

Again you have failed to grasp my point. Opportunities mean played to his strengths and actually having opportunities created for him. Not playing him as a lone striker. That's not the same as game time. Do you think Greig Stewart got a fair crack of the whip ?
    Adam Rooney still managed to score 11 goals last season versus 5 for May despite starting 8 less games than May and playing a fair chunk of them as a left winger. Good players with a natural instinct for scoring goals get themselves into positions to allow chances to be created for them like Rooney did for us. They also create goals for themselves. May simply doesn't have that capability any more. Do you really think he could still score the sort of goals he scored against us at Ibrox any more?

Greg Stewart did himself no favours by being overweight for most of last season

We signed f ucking Wilson. My hibs supporting mate who knew more about him than I said he would have him in a heartbeat.
    I am sure he is delighted they didn't sign him...........

Guy is made of chocolate.

As for being our be all and end all, i really hope you are right and I am wrong on this, but folk in Sheffield didnt rate him much scoring once in 8 games.

I hope you are right, but we will see. He scored 6 goals in 40 games in the Championship over the last 3 years, so doesn't instantly sound like a goal machine. Having said that I would start him ahead of May and Cosgrove on Saturday as there is only one way to find out if he can cut the mustard or not

Quote Originally Posted by kilgore trout View Post
    we signed f ucking wilson. My hibs supporting mate who knew more about him than i said he would have him in a heartbeat.
    wtf?

Maybe some of you should try to join this new supporters forum,you could then ask the club some of your concerns like the poor summer transfer window,McInnes stubborn tactics etc.

Certainly more pressing questions than they got asked,the best one being why the tv’s in the RDS weren’t working

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/09/18/afc...-forum-update/

Page 163 of 625 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast