+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 625 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

If Clarke can't get another job in England, we would be a big step up from Killie.

Lennon will be hoping for another shot at the Timmy job when Rodgers gets bored of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    But Why would Clarke even consider coming here? If he's seen as doing a decent job at Killie then he'll want to go back to England to "prove" himself...same applies to Lennon. Neither would see the Aberdeen job as a significant step up, sadly.
    I agree on Lennon as realistically Hibs and Aberdeen are pretty similar with crowd size, budgets etc.

Clarke is an interesting one. I disagree with what you say on Aberdeen not being a step up on Kilmarnock, it clearly is on any metric you want to use. I think with so many players about to leave it would be attractive to the likes of Clarke as that will be a decent amount of funds available to reshape the squad plus some decent remaining players like Logan who are clearly underperforming this season. The question is what does he want to do and will turning round a club like Kilmarnock outweigh two pretty underwhelming stints at WBA and Reading and so catch the eye of a decent club in England - I'm not convinced so think he would be more favourable towards an Aberdeen move than you might think.

Having said all of that, it's all irrelevant cos Milne isn't sacking McInnes any time soon and nobody in England will want him any time soon.

Lose on tuesday and it'll be a sub 8500 crowd v Dundee on saturday

Folk are scunnered

Wouldn't disagree with you but I just can't see either of them thinking coming here would be a step up.
    Our good chairman would be able to convince them that this is a better challenge, a better environment, an extremely ambitious club and a club that really wants to challenge for everything. Then when things are touch and go pull out the world class training facilities and Kingsford stadium and then their mind will be made up!

Yep...the search would continue so anyone else decent that could be recommended?
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 11-03-2018 at 07:24 PM.

But Why would Clarke even consider coming here? If he's seen as doing a decent job at Killie then he'll want to go back to England to "prove" himself...same applies to Lennon. Neither would see the Aberdeen job as a significant step up, sadly.
    Yeah sadly you may be right,to be honest if he carries on the way he is at the moment I wouldn’t be surprised if the Huns go for him in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Folk are scunnered
    No way 3,500+ season ticket holders are not turning up. Crowd will be down for sure but will still be five figures

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Folk are scunnered
    I even hear the pundits generally all saying Kilmarnock are favourites on Tuesday evening.
    Michael Stewart who was a McInnes fan now even stating the obvious that we are heading downwards at the moment. Everyone connected with football look at our club as a busted flush now.
    Season defining on Tuesday evening most are saying. We have played decent football probably less than half a dozen matches this season. It’s been pathetic and Tuesday evening will be a wake up call to the club when we get papped out.
    McInnes could always blame the Kilmarnock pitch though.

What's going on with the club?

The curse of Pittodrie?
    McInnes knobbing one of the players wives, again, allegedly?
    The sheer number of duds in the squad?
    The Celtic B team?
    Calderwood's tombola, found in a dusty cupboard?

Fit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    No way 3,500+ season ticket holders are not turning up. Crowd will be down for sure but will still be five figures
    I agree with Feck_the_huns on the crowd numbers. We will easily lose a couple of thousand as let’s face it, who would not be looking for an excuse to sit and watch your team play for absolutely nothing?

Aberdonians are a tight bunch so I doubt there would be thousands of us willing to waste their money spent on a season ticket by not going.

I would doubt they will get anywhere near 11000 season tickets sold next season though.

Page 52 of 625 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast