+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 625 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    As a newbie I'm not picking on you Mason, but I think I replied to you before that Hughes has not won more than McInnes, both have one major trophy as a manager (and one lower league title if you count diddy trophies).

I'm not saying McInnes doesn't have faults because for sure he does and there are other good managers out there but John Hughes?????
    Scottish Cup is better than the League Cup in every way. It has been won by footballing greats like Yogi Hughes, Alan Thtubbs & Tommy Wrong since McInnes came to Aberdeen.

McInnes having won the league cup once, is in with the likes of Danny Lennon, Kenny Shiels & Jim McIntyre. Parkred is starting to look like a bit of a fluke

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Scottish Cup is better than the League Cup in every way. It has been won by footballing greats like Yogi Hughes, Alan Thtubbs & Tommy Wrong since McInnes came to Aberdeen.

McInnes having won the league cup once, is in with the likes of Danny Lennon, Kenny Shiels & Jim McIntyre. Parkred is starting to look like a bit of a fluke
    So what you are saying is if you win the Scottish cup it counts as 2 trophies?

How many trophies do you get for winning the Champions league?

I completely agree that the SC is seen as being more prestigious than the LC but both are equally difficult to win as same teams enter (ignoring the diddy teams in SC). I'm still going to be a pedant though and maintain that Hughes has not won more than McInnes, he won a more prestigious trophy but they have the same number of wins.

I always think that for a club like Aberdeen we should be targeting two trophies every five years so for sure McInnes is below target in my mind. I don't think that it was a fluke we won the LC as we beat who we had to beat. What I do think though is that the year we lost to StJ in SC semi was the huge missed chance as pretty sure we would have beaten DU in final. If he had won that then I would have argued DMcI was on par for trophies won, but we blew it so we are below par, unless we win SC this year, which currently looks very unlikely given our performances against Celtic/sevco.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    So what you are saying is if you win the Scottish cup it counts as 2 trophies?

How many trophies do you get for winning the Champions league?
    No, I’m saying winning the Scottish Cup is a greater achievement than winning the League Cup. The Scottish Cup should be the holy grail for Aberdeen. It’s never going to get any better for us. Our genius hasn’t managed it despite favourable draws in a golden era of opportunity.

No, I’m saying winning the Scottish Cup is a greater achievement than winning the League Cup. The Scottish Cup should be the holy grail for Aberdeen. It’s never going to get any better for us. Our genius hasn’t managed it despite favourable draws in a golden era of opportunity.
    I still don't see how it is a greater achievement to win SC as you have to beat the same teams in both cups.

I agree that winning a cup is as good as it will ever be short of some league reconstruction in the future that gets rid of the bigot brothers.

Not sure the draws have been quite as favourable as you recall. We have lost to Dundee (very disappointing but would have had Celtic in following round), St Johnstone (after beating Celtic in previous round), Celtic in final and Hearts away (when they were flying at top of League 1 - yes should have won but hardly a favourable draw) and this year most likely Celtic again in final so 4/5 years our route was to beat Celtic to win cup

I completely agree that the SC is seen as being more prestigious than the LC but both are equally difficult to win as same teams enter (ignoring the diddy teams in SC). I'm still going to be a pedant though and maintain that Hughes has not won more than McInnes, he won a more prestigious trophy but they have the same number of wins.

I always think that for a club like Aberdeen we should be targeting two trophies every five years so for sure McInnes is below target in my mind. I don't think that it was a fluke we won the LC as we beat who we had to beat. What I do think though is that the year we lost to StJ in SC semi was the huge missed chance as pretty sure we would have beaten DU in final. If he had won that then I would have argued DMcI was on par for trophies won, but we blew it so we are below par, unless we win SC this year, which currently looks very unlikely given our performances against Celtic/sevco.
    How long did it take Hibs to win the SC?

How long did it take SAF to win the LC?

Thankfully I’m able to attend the semi in April, hopefully we win that as I’ll be able to take my dad and son again to the final in May, was gutted for my dad last year after 90 minutes and will as per.... cheer our club on in the semi hoping that 3 generations will be together again to cheer us on in the final.

SF

If you had to choose between one or the other, which would you pick & why?

St.Johnstone & Hearts were absolutely criminal results. The first showed how shyte McInnes is at dealing with a match while it’s on & the second was entirely down to the way we defend set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    How long did it take SAF to win the LC?
    Put Team of the Decade into your Betamax & he’ll tell you why himself

Have to agree. The Scottish Cup is the best realistic trophy we can win and the one every Dandy wants. Scottish Cup final appearances should be a regular occurrence for Aberdeen FC especially with favourable draws.

We can't win the league without meaning to sound too negative, we just can't. We need to carry ourselves much better in big games but overall we will never win the league again. Our goals should be cup finals/wins, battling at the right end of the table ie in among the Old Firm and getting to Europa League group stages.

Only after doing these things for a 5-10 year period could we consider reevaluating our goals and where we want to be as a club.

It would appear we aren't far away on a lot of these things but at the same time I feel we are.

I still don't see how it is a greater achievement to win SC as you have to beat the same teams in both cups.

I agree that winning a cup is as good as it will ever be short of some league reconstruction in the future that gets rid of the bigot brothers.

Not sure the draws have been quite as favourable as you recall. We have lost to Dundee (very disappointing but would have had Celtic in following round), St Johnstone (after beating Celtic in previous round), Celtic in final and Hearts away (when they were flying at top of League 1 - yes should have won but hardly a favourable draw) and this year most likely Celtic again in final so 4/5 years our route was to beat Celtic to win cup
    Dinnae be so daft. Of course it's a greater achievement, it's the Scottish Cup!

Just ask yersel which one you'd rather have.

Page 62 of 625 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast