+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 625 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125525 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSLYFOX View Post
    The biggest indictment on DM is that his teams have always been less than the sum of its parts.
    Even now the players we have in the squad are better than the results the team produce. Rodgers, Lennon, Murty, Levein or Clarke would produce a better team than DM does with the same players.
    This is the big question for me (as someone who has been a big fan of McInnes, but is now getting a little fed up with the stupid tactics and terrible results against our main rivals) - is there anyone better we could bring in, realistically? Lennon or Clarke would be good shouts and I think would potentially take us forward, but I don't think either of them would be interested. Then you are basically looking at up and coming managers who are unproven at our level, or guys that are out of a job (which is normally because they've been hopeless elsewhere). It's easy to say, "oh there must be hundreds of managers throughout the world we could find who'd do better" but reality is we don't need radical change - there's the basis of a good side there - a squad which is arguably still the second best in Scotland on a player for player basis and a general consistency against bottom 6 teams. What we need is someone risk free who can take us into big games with the right mentality - Lennon and Clarke are the kind of managers we're talking about here, but as I say, unlikely to be interested, so for now best to persevere with McInnes

The biggest indictment on DM is that his teams have always been less than the sum of its parts.
    Even now the players we have in the squad are better than the results the team produce. Rodgers, Lennon, Murty, Levein or Clarke would produce a better team than DM does with the same players.
    I agree with that. That's what annoys me. McAnus is holding us back from being a better team by his stubbornness and naivety. Add to that the fact it seems he thinks in his own head hes some kind of genius.

I also bet you the names mentioned above would address the issues like Considine straight away.

Just lost all faith in the man after the first pigs game at home this season. Barring Sigma f@cking Olomuc that's the most raging I have left Pittodrie (that I remember). hes now went on to prove even more so that hes inept in big games

My three predictions for the next 3 month, Killie cup exit, Glasgow whitewash and no Europe

You might have had a good point there if you didn't add Levein to the list.

At least Levein being an decent ex defender himself would know Considine is sh@te and nae play him

The same Levien who played a 4-6-0 formation and picked a 4th tier Scottish league player for Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The same Levien who played a 4-6-0 formation and picked a 4th tier Scottish league player for Scotland?
    He would still know Considine is garbage. Hes got one on McAnus there

Not saying I would want him as manager but hes not as bone headed as our gaffer

I think the problem is that DM has had it too easy for too long. He made a good start to his Aberdeen career and as such has never had to face criticism. This season is different though and he deserves the criticism. Im not in the sacking camp yet, i think that is harsh, however he needs to recognise that he is making big mistakes and has to somehow rectify them. His stubborn approach to the so called 'bigger' games will be his undoing, and his unwillingness to have a right pop is f*cking me off at the moment. If its a Glasgow whitewash this season then i think he has to go. Its not all about beating the Old Firm, i know, but its more about the attitude and where we see ourselves as a club, which leads me to my next point.

I firmly believe the clubs expectation (i.e Milnes) is that we finish 2nd/3rd and try make a cup final, with Europe always being the target. He doesnt give two shytes if we finish behind Rangers and Celtic, as long as we are the 3rd best team he will be delighted. We are almost taking a damage limitation approach to OF games, where if we dont get hammered then we fans will all be happy because we are beating everyone else... im sorry, that isnt going to be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    To be moderately charitable, I can kind of see the thinking (kind of and I don't necessarily agree with that thinking) behind today's formation.

But if you're going with that formation you do not under any circumstances, deploy McGinn in the role in which he was played.

It makes not an ounce of sense on such a wide variety of levels.

Firstly, you're playing McGinn in a role for which he is exclusively unsuited.
    Secondly, you're ceding one of our best attacking threats.

If you're set on playing that formation you play, say, Ball in the deep right role and McGinn, possibly, at centre forward.

It looked to me like Del had an idea then shoehorned square pegs into round holes.....and it didn't work.
    And then he played McLean, the only member of our regular midfield three available, in McGinn's position. So we had no regular centre midfielders, and a winger at right back. Absolutely baffling. Also, Nwakali should have played the final 30 minutes against Dundee Utd, that's just schoolboy stuff, although I know that's been said before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He would still know Considine is garbage. Hes got one on McAnus there

Not saying I would want him as manager but hes not as bone headed as our gaffer
    Yes pac I agree that McInnes should realise that Considine is pysh and should bin him, I have been saying that for about 10 years. He isn't the only one who has consistently picked him, Calderwood, McGhee and Brown all played him so he either must be doing something right in training or he has incriminating photos of Stewart Milne because he has always been a weak link in the team. Saying that some fans still to this day think "Consi" is a good player for some strange reason.

Sorry but Levein is not a better manager than McInnes, I know his Hearts team beat Celtic a few months ago but I believe that is the first time he has beat Celtic in his career as a manager. Craig Levein sums up Fearts to me, he is probably one of their best ever players but he has never won anything with them.

Plus he was also bone headed enough to think Gary Kenneth was an international defender

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Our whole season is on the Killie game. If we need to rest players for Motherwell then I’m fine with that.
    If the forecast is as bad as predicted the Motherwell match will be postponed anyway.

Page 25 of 625 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125525 ... LastLast