+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 625 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Would I be correct in guessing that your support of McInnes is wavering?
    Nothing wrong if that is the case. Sometimes it can take others longer to see weaknesses in managers and their tactics.
    No, not at all.
    I can criticise when needed, but still appreciate the overall improvement he has made to the team.
    Its not a binary condition to support or not.

In each and every one of us, we have strengths and weaknesses.
    DM has his weaknesses, but his strengths outweigh those weaknesses in my opinion

Im all for giving McInnes stick for his record against the cheeks this season as it is abysmal.

But I would also agree that the anti McInnes brigade are out in full force just now taking over every thread just to have a go at him.

IF and its a big IF, we beat Celtic on Sunday would the anti McInnes brigade give him credit where credit is due?

I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Im all for giving McInnes stick for his record against the cheeks this season as it is abysmal.

But I would also agree that the anti McInnes brigade are out in full force just now taking over every thread just to have a go at him.

IF and its a big IF, we beat Celtic on Sunday would the anti McInnes brigade give him credit where credit is due?

I doubt it.
    I would. Although he would still have to make amends long term as well of course.

Would the ultra pro McInnes camp finally admit he's pretty ****ing useless if we get beat though? Or will they just defend it by the normal excuses?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I would. Although he would still have to make amends long term as well of course.

Would the ultra pro McInnes camp finally admit he's pretty ****ing useless if we get beat though? Or will they just defend it by the normal excuses?
    If we get beat on Sunday I would admit he is pretty ****ing useless against the pigs.

If we get beat on Sunday I would admit he is pretty ****ing useless against the pigs.
    I will beat you to it. He is useless against the pigs already. A defeat on Sunday will not finally make up my mind. I will praise him if we beat them but let’s face it he has not got the tactical ability to outsmart Rodgers. He can’t even outsmart Murty!

I doubt it.
    I'm pro McInnes given the job he has done with Aberdeen overall, but even if we beat Celtic on Sunday, that one game does not mean a thing.

Celtic will be coming back from a midweek game against Russia, minus Scott Brown.
    When they've dropped points this season, its generally following a midweek game in Europe.
    Yes we will be missing Shinnie as well.

So its possible to beat Celtic this weeken, but I doubt that means McInnes is a tactical genius or we have turned the corner in overall results.
    Its just one game and its not make or break either

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I will beat you to it. He is useless against the pigs already. A defeat on Sunday will not finally make up my mind. I will praise him if we beat them but let’s face it he has not got the tactical ability to outsmart Rodgers. He can’t even outsmart Murty!
    So if he is tactically clueless like you are saying he is what does that say about your choice to replace him in Neil Lennon?

He has beaten his Hibs side 3 out of 4 times in the last year, he has also beaten Steve Clarke twice who every one is raving about but how good can he be if he has lost twice to someone who is tactically clueless?

My point is McInnes has his faults, his record against the cheeks being the worst but to say he is tactically inept is taking it a bit far from the people who just dont like him and consistently bring up his weaknesses and attack anyone who brings up his strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I'm pro McInnes given the job he has done with Aberdeen overall, but even if we beat Celtic on Sunday, that one game does not mean a thing.

Celtic will be coming back from a midweek game against Russia, minus Scott Brown.
    When they've dropped points this season, its generally following a midweek game in Europe.
    Yes we will be missing Shinnie as well.

So its possible to beat Celtic this weeken, but I doubt that means McInnes is a tactical genius or we have turned the corner in overall results.
    Its just one game and its not make or break either
    Who said anything about him being a tactical genius?

He is far from being that I was merely pointing out that he isn't tactically useless either.

Who said anything about him being a tactical genius?

He is far from being that I was merely pointing out that he isn't tactically useless either.
    You going for bang average then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You going for bang average then?
    No but who is a tactical genius in Scotland?

Jack Ross cant be because he got beat by McInnes who is "tactically useless"

Page 8 of 625 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast