+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 148 of 625 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    This next couple of games will be the defining moment of Mcinnes time with Aberdeen, defeat to Hibs in the cup will surely have SM thinking about the unthinkable, over the last 3 league games we have regressed dramatically from the results of previous seasons, as everyone knows, a manager has quite a limited shelf life and it looks like Mcinnes has reached his sell by date.
    The last couple of years have seen very poor dealings in the transfer market, tactics have been dire, Cosgrove shouldn't even be at the club, Anderson should be on from the start in each game, May is a spent force, Dom Ball is one player who had improved from last year but now seems to be being used as a second option now even though he had a decent start to the season.
    So all in all 3 wins in next 3 games is an absolute must for Mcinnes or else in my opinion he will be out the door.
    So let me see if I have this straight. You say that unless McInnes beats Hibs away in the cup and Celtic away in the league (as well as Motherwell at home) he will be sacked?

I wouldn't mind having whatever you have been drinking at lunchtime

This next couple of games will be the defining moment of Mcinnes time with Aberdeen, defeat to Hibs in the cup will surely have SM thinking about the unthinkable, over the last 3 league games we have regressed dramatically from the results of previous seasons, as everyone knows, a manager has quite a limited shelf life and it looks like Mcinnes has reached his sell by date.
    The last couple of years have seen very poor dealings in the transfer market, tactics have been dire, Cosgrove shouldn't even be at the club, Anderson should be on from the start in each game, May is a spent force, Dom Ball is one player who had improved from last year but now seems to be being used as a second option now even though he had a decent start to the season.
    So all in all 3 wins in next 3 games is an absolute must for Mcinnes or else in my opinion he will be out the door.
    Nonsense.
    McInnes is a million miles from being sacked by Milne.
    I said last night that Milne will see four 2nd places in a row as credit in the bank that deserves loyalty.
    He’ll get in to next season.
    We have yet another sh1te summer transfer window to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    So let me see if I have this straight. You say that unless McInnes beats Hibs away in the cup and Celtic away in the league (as well as Motherwell at home) he will be sacked?

I wouldn't mind having whatever you have been drinking at lunchtime
    Stella for lunch today, my point is it's a results driven business, he's never made a bad start to the season and the next 2/3 games will be the make or break as far as a lot of fans are concerned.
    Hibs in the cup is a very winnable game, show a bit of belief and attack instead of trying to counter all of the time, same for Celtic, they are not playing well this season so instead of packing the defence we should be showing a bit of intent from the start, the Motherwell game should be a winnable game but again this will be decided by Mcinnes's tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Nonsense.
    McInnes is a million miles from being sacked by Milne.
    I said last night that Milne will see four 2nd places in a row as credit in the bank that deserves loyalty.
    He’ll get in to next season.
    We have yet another sh1te summer transfer window to go through.

As I've said in a previous post it's a results driven business, unhappy fans do tend to sway the board into making decisions which some may say are knee-jerk, nobody is safe from the axe, not even Mcinnes.

Stella for lunch today, my point is it's a results driven business, he's never made a bad start to the season and the next 2/3 games will be the make or break as far as a lot of fans are concerned.
    Hibs in the cup is a very winnable game, show a bit of belief and attack instead of trying to counter all of the time, same for Celtic, they are not playing well this season so instead of packing the defence we should be showing a bit of intent from the start, the Motherwell game should be a winnable game but again this will be decided by Mcinnes's tactics.
    I agree with you on having a go at Hibs and Celtic but as RST has said there is zero chance of McInnes getting sacked any time soon if we lose one or even both of those games

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I agree with you on having a go at Hibs and Celtic but as RST has said there is zero chance of McInnes getting sacked any time soon if we lose one or even both of those games
    Are we all convinced that Milne has 100% faith in Mcinnes, all good things come to an end at some point, I feel sometimes that Milne could back Mcinnes a wee bit more in the transfer windows to bring in a higher calibre of signing, the fitness and overall ability of the signings over the last two seasons haven't really been of a standard we should be looking at if we are to compete at top of the league.
    I feel that Milne is somehow punishing Mcinnes over the Sunderland and Rangers approaches and the way that Mcinnes handled himself on both occasions.there is no doubt that his head was turned and that Mlne had to make some unfulfilled promises to keep him at Pittodrie.

Are we all convinced that Milne has 100% faith in Mcinnes, all good things come to an end at some point, I feel sometimes that Milne could back Mcinnes a wee bit more in the transfer windows to bring in a higher calibre of signing, the fitness and overall ability of the signings over the last two seasons haven't really been of a standard we should be looking at if we are to compete at top of the league.
    I feel that Milne is somehow punishing Mcinnes over the Sunderland and Rangers approaches and the way that Mcinnes handled himself on both occasions.there is no doubt that his head was turned and that Mlne had to make some unfulfilled promises to keep him at Pittodrie.
    Milne is a clunt just like his best mate Mcinnes...they have no interest in what is best for Aberdeen FC.

You just said it there,Milne talked McInnes into staying twice.He isn’t going to sack him anytime soon especially less than a year since he got him to turn down the Huns.

I can’t see us beating Hibs or Celtic but there is no way he will get sacked for losing both games,it will be the usual ach well attitude from the board.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    You just said it there,Milne talked McInnes into staying twice.He isn’t going to sack him anytime soon especially less than a year since he got him to turn down the Huns.

I can’t see us beating Hibs or Celtic but there is no way he will get sacked for losing both games,it will be the usual ach well attitude from the board.
    It's completely irrelevant what the fans feel about McInnes. As far as Milne is concerned, McInnes has done very well, he got us to second place four years in a row, and won the League Cup. Never in a million years will Milne sack him. I would imagine that other board members would oppose sacking McInnes, citing the many, many dismal years we had before he joined.

Also, if the unlikely were to happe, regarding who fans want as a replacement is also irrelevant. Milne will make that decision and unfortunately he's hardly got a stellar record in managerial appointments so far. McInnes has been by far and away the best of them.

Was it not Craig Brown that picked McInnes? Which is utterly bizarre

Page 148 of 625 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast