+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 149 of 625 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    It's completely irrelevant what the fans feel about McInnes. As far as Milne is concerned, McInnes has done very well, he got us to second place four years in a row, and won the League Cup. Never in a million years will Milne sack him. I would imagine that other board members would oppose sacking McInnes, citing the many, many dismal years we had before he joined.

Also, if the unlikely were to happe, regarding who fans want as a replacement is also irrelevant. Milne will make that decision and unfortunately he's hardly got a stellar record in managerial appointments so far. McInnes has been by far and away the best of them.
    I completely agree with you,good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Was it not Craig Brown that picked McInnes? Which is utterly bizarre
    Not sure where this idea of Brown picked McInnes to replace him has come from.

As far as I remember Brown was wanting to stay on but was told he had to move upstairs or would be given the dunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Was it not Craig Brown that picked McInnes? Which is utterly bizarre
    No, it wasn’t.
    It was Milne & he did so on the advice of Steve Brown who was St Johnstone chairman at the time.

Mmmm nae what I heard.

Tale I heard was that the board, collectively, wanted Derek Adams.

Broon was a lone voice for MacInnes and talked the rest of them round.

I have also heard that, following this, Wiggy sought the counsel of Brown at St J.

It must be an even year thing with McInnes.

In both 2014 and 2016 (as well as this year obviously) we started the league season with only 6 points from 5 games scoring only 3 and 4 goals like the 4 this season. I can't wait for season 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Mmmm nae what I heard.

I have also heard that, following this, Wiggy sought the counsel of Brown at St J.

Funnily enough I recall a vast majority of forum posters wanting Derek Adams when we took McInnes on....

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Mmmm nae what I heard.

It was Craig Brown who recommended McInnes. Milne wanted Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Funnily enough I recall a vast majority of forum posters wanting Derek Adams when we took McInnes on....
    What username were you using back then?

Apaet from a complete fan walkout to show our dissatisfaction with the Chairman, what else coudl be done?

Im not saying he has never put his money into the club, he owns a few million quids worth of shares but i am damn sure that any of us would have put at least some of our hundreds of millions into our club for playing purposes if we had it.

I know if i was worth 100 odd million or more, i'd be putting at least 5 millio na year to the club and just say i happened to own a Building Company, i am sure i could build a stadium cheaper than most clubs could....just saying. ;-)

Oh and with him gone, a decent manager with none of this "goood to have around" attitude might be possible. Is it also possible to get one that doesn't seem to have an attraction to the players wives? ;-)
    Last edited by darrendons; 16-09-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    He might be free (a big bonus for Milne) & available soon.
    Plymouth are bottom of League One with no wins from 8 games.
    That said, DM ain’t going anywhere soon.
    All this season he’ll be fine.
    IF we’re struggling 10 - 12 games in to next season it might be a different story come Oct-Nov 2019.

Page 149 of 625 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast