+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 499 of 625 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yup, this bit is what irritates me. I don't think this midfield issue is just affecting the quality of football, it's also affecting the results. McLean and Shinnie were always going to be very hard to replace, whatever anyone says. I think we got over the loss of Jack and didn't miss him too much because of the presence of those two, plus the loan of Christie. McInnes has done a dreadful job in terms of planning for these guys to leave - how many midfielders has he taken in over the last 3 seasons who have been beyond hopeless? Gleeson, Forrester, Tansey, Gallagher, Ojo, Bryson... then we have defenders filling in for them, Vyner and Leigh. You can't replace the likes of Shinnie, McLean, Christie and Jack with this kind of rubbish. I would expect him to sign a midfielder in the January window and I actually think our season is resting on it being a good signing. If he gets it wrong and we go through the rest of the season with Ferguson as our only decent midfielder we're just going to get more of the same.
    Yup for a midfielder he doesn't have much of an eye for a player. Gleeson and Forrester were disasters. Id actually erased Tansey from my memory.

You could sort of see his thinking with Gleeson. He had racked up.A lot of championship games for decent teams but he just didn't seem to have the legd. That should have been apparent if he had been properly scouted.We had been chasing after that hibs p rick McGeoch for the whole season and didn't get him and panicked bought. With Forrester we took a gamble on a relatively young loon who had shown potential previously and who McInnes thought he could get back on track.

I still think a midfield of Ferguson Ojo and Bryson if fully fit could be decent but am beginnIng to think it aint going to happen. He does need another midfielder this January.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    If you don’t think so I’d suggest you’re genuinely deluded and living in an alternative reality. Their players are ****ing miles better hence they’re on £30-70,000 a week you clowns. Nothing to do with attitude. But aye if we just hassle and harry them and have the right attitude it’s that simple
    To be honest, either I've not explained my point very well - or you've missed it.

I fully expect us to lose more games than we win against the uglies - Timothy certainly - given the budgets.

Its not the fact that we lose I have an issue with, its how we lose.

Timid, frightened, supine, spineless, forelock tugging shytebaggery where it appears clear to everyone that we've meekly accepted defeat before a ball is kicked is not the way AFC should lose any match.

Yet we see it far too often. The players need to take plenty responsibiltiy here too, not just DM

I've seen far worse Dons teams than this get good results against much better Sevco teams especially in the last 20 years because they went into the games with the right attitude. That's where all the "raising our game" pish started.

Mind the time they came up here on a midweek evening about 10-15 years ago (Barry the fud as captain) with a chance to win the league if they won & Timothy lost?

The team they had was miles better than ours, but the fans & more importantly the players & manager had the attitude that night of "no fuuckin way you hun cuunts are winning the league on our patch tonight".

90 minutes later, comfortable 2-0 Dons win where we hardly gave them a sniff & a chorus of "go home you huns" ringing round Pittodrie. That's what we want to see. Magic.

Scottish cup tie down there was like that last season to be fair - why can't we have more of that attitude?

Just go out onto the park, puff out your chest, look them square in the eye and let them know they are going to be in a game & will have to work damn hard & earn the points if they are playing AFC. Then if they win, its still annoying, but fair enough, you can accept the fact the better team won.

That's all I want. That's all most of us want I'd wager. Not that much to ask really...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 11-12-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    If you don’t think so I’d suggest you’re genuinely deluded and living in an alternative reality. Their players are ****ing miles better hence they’re on £30-70,000 a week you clowns. Nothing to do with attitude. But aye if we just hassle and harry them and have the right attitude it’s that simple
    See Moog's reply to you,basically what i would be saying to you,just saves me typing it

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    To be honest, either I've not explained my point very well - or you've missed it.

I fully expect us to lose more games than we win against the uglies - Timothy certainly - given the budgets.

Its not the fact that we lose I have an issue with, its how we lose.

Timid, frightened, supine, spineless, forelock tugging shytebaggery where it appears clear to everyone that we've meekly accepted defeat before a ball is kicked is not the way AFC should lose any match.

Yet we see it far too often. The players need to take plenty responsibiltiy here too, not just DM

I've seen far worse Dons teams than this get good results against much better Sevco teams especially in the last 20 years because they went into the games with the right attitude. That's where all the "raising our game" pish started.

Mind the time they came up here on a midweek evening about 10-15 years ago (Barry the fud as captain) with a chance to win the league if they won & Timothy lost?

The team they had was miles better than ours, but the fans & more importantly the players & manager had the attitude that night of "no fuuckin way you hun cuunts are winning the league on our patch tonight".

90 minutes later, comfortable 2-0 Dons win where we hardly gave them a sniff & a chorus of "go home you huns" ringing round Pittodrie. That's what we want to see. Magic.

Scottish cup tie down there was like that last season to be fair - why can't we have more of that attitude?

Just go out onto the park, puff out your chest, look them square in the eye and let them know they are going to be in a game & will have to work damn hard & earn the points if they are playing AFC.

That's all I want. That's all most of us want I'd wager. Not that much to ask really...
    Very well put.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Very well put.
    Aye Aberdeen under Tango man. A man with a Rangers memorabilia took in his fecking hoose !
    Half the team overpaid mostly crocks. The other half utter dross because he blew his budget on 4 or 5 players every year. A team capable of raising their game against the old firm every now and again but struggling to finish top six and getting papped out of the cup in the early stages every year not to mention Queens Park and Queen of the fecking South.

Aye those were the f ucking days !

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Aye Aberdeen under Tango man. A man with a Rangers memorabilia took in his fecking hoose !
    Half the team overpaid mostly crocks. The other half utter dross because he blew his budget on 4 or 5 players every year. A team capable of raising their game against the old firm every now and again but struggling to finish top six and getting papped out of the cup in the early stages every year not to mention Queens Park and Queen of the fecking South.

Fecking auto correct. Jimmy had and still has a Rangers room.

You jest but the 2007 / 2008 season is the best season I had following The Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    You jest but the 2007 / 2008 season is the best season I had following The Dons.
    There were undoubtedly several highs but boy did he take the shine off them with his lows.

My first season going to most of the games was 79/80 so I've been more fortunate than most of the guys here. But just like the Murphys....

Is it not too much to ask for both?? Why such a negative mindset?

As has been mentioned on here numerous times, we're not expecting to go out and win the league, or for that matter to win both cups but why is it such a crime to expect the players to step onto that field and display the passion and hunger/desire etc we know they are capable of? The final against Celtic and 2nd half against Der Hun being prime examples.

We step onto the pitch against those two believing they are miles better than us, expecting a defeat and hoping for a sneaky 1-0 or a draw. Yes they may have better players and a better team but you know what..... Let them show that they are, don't hand them the victory on a platter before a ball has been kicked. If they win then hands up, they win but to be so meek and show no gumption and then bump our gums that we did ok in the games outwith the gruesome twosome is not what I signed up for when I became an Aberdeen fan.

It has been shown before that both Celtic and Sevco don't like the "in your face" approach, look at when they have dropped points or been beaten in Europe and history will show that to beat them you can't give them a minutes peace. I was watching the Liverpool V Salzburg game yesterday and one thing that really struck me was the mindset of the Salzburg players. They were playing arguably the greatest team on the planet right now but did they lie down, try and contain and play for a sneaky victory?? Not a chance!! They went out all guns blazing even though they were playing the "better players", the "better team" and nearly pulled off an unexpected victory. Yes they got beat but they got beat playing the right way, their fans I'm sure applauded them off the pitch and rest assured there was no comments afterwards from the manager about "shutting people up".

Another thing that struck me about that game was the mindset of the Liverpool players, they actually seemed to relish the challenge rather than be subdued by it. That is something that personally I don't believe Celtic and Sevco have as you get right in their faces, restrict their passing and time on the ball and they will make mistakes which if things go well can be capitalised on.

Rangers memorabilia in house - You think Derek doesn’t?
    Team made up of expensive crocks & flops? - No difference there
    Shyte awful cup exits? - Derek has had a few of them.

There’s no real difference between the two, other than Calderwood was brighter & a wee bit more likeable

Page 499 of 625 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast