+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Could be wrong but I think it’s Summer 2020?
    2 more years of tombolas and bottling it in big games.

was hoping it was only one more

which would've been bad enough

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    2 more years of tombolas and bottling it in big games.
    Could be longer if he’s still got unfinished business*

*no job offers and a spineless chairman

well mason i didnt think i would ever but got to agree with the theme of your last couple of posts
    i went to the game v tic and yesterday but boy did i get my opinion shaken ,
    collectively he and the t4eam are not producing
    1; why play mcginn v tic i have never seen him play well against them
    2 in that game either tactically or attitudinally the majority of players were just not at it
    3; yesterday at 1;0 why not put on Stevens give them a bit more to think about
    4 stevie may would be moreadept at running lines as adam clearly aint , i remember may doing just that too knock us out of semi
    5 Is deek comfortable now has achieved what he wants and can use the resources , money, as excuses
    6 as much as i hated it when pedro said it we are indeed apparently on a bit of a decline now
    i will however be at replay and if successful will amend the above

Since we have the easiest route to a cup final thanks to the draw I fully expect McInnes to fulfill his ambition and lead us out at Hampden for the final.
    However if he fails though I want him frogmarched out of Pittodrie as soon as we exit the cup.
    For the record I agree with Pacman and reckon we won’t get past the replay in Ayrshire. Big game there and we don’t do big games anymore under Del.

Good to see this place is as depressing as always.

I think it was less grim under McGhee and Brown.

Contrary to what some believe, I think there will be a strong expectation from the board that we defeat Kilmarnock in the Semi. McInnes won't be sacked if we lose so don't get too excited by the prospect of us bottling that one.

For all of the flak that Milne gets (much of it justified) remember that he sacked Calderwood despite the fact that the team was performing relatively OK in the league. I don't think many other clubs would have taken a chance like that. Of course the McGhee appointment was a disaster but I would be very surprised if questions aren't being asked with regards to our performances in the big games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It’ll be some fire fighter from the English managerial merry go round that’ll get it.
    Gary Monk
    Nailed it

Ok, there seems to be the popular opinion on here that losing to Killie and this c~*t gets the sack. which I am almost agreeing with.
    Can I just put it out there - if we get to a third cup final in 2 seasons, and lose it - surely that is also sackable?
    For me, the only thing that can save Derek is a cup final win.

Could you imagine folk saying "but he got us to 3 finals (in two seasons)" that's only an achievement if you win one - surely???

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Good to see this place is as depressing as always.

I think it was less grim under McGhee and Brown.

Contrary to what some believe, I think there will be a strong expectation from the board that we defeat Kilmarnock in the Semi. McInnes won't be sacked if we lose so don't get too excited by the prospect of us bottling that one.

For all of the flak that Milne gets (much of it justified) remember that he sacked Calderwood despite the fact that the team was performing relatively OK in the league. I don't think many other clubs would have taken a chance like that. Of course the McGhee appointment was a disaster but I would be very surprised if questions aren't being asked with regards to our performances in the big games this season.
    Yes he sacked Calderwood just over a year after giving him a new contract, we then had to pay him and his staff off and pay Motherwell compensation for McGhee which severely ate into our playing budget and resulted in us having 1 central defender for the Sigma game and we had to play Stewart Duff and Derek Young in defence.

Really he should have waited until summer the previous season to decide whether or not to offer him a new deal, that way he could/should have sacked him on the spot at Hampden for getting knocked out of the cup by QOS and it wouldn't have been such a cluster f@ck of a situation.

He should also have sacked Pele the day he never showed up for the Dundee game because he was hungover and should have sacked McGhee for getting humped 9-0 but he let both of those situations drag on as well.

He should’ve sacked Calderwood on the pitch straight after the Queens Park game. McGhee should’ve had his contract torn up the moment he started gushing about Celtic on his first day in the job.

Just about every single decision that c*nt has made, or didn’t make, has been wrong.

I’m sure the new ground will be fine though

Page 39 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast