+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 535 of 625 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

I’m glad that McInnes sent out his attack dog yesterday, it shows that he’s worried instead of his usual comfortable and complacent self. Whether it makes any difference or whether his arrogance means he will just keep ploughing on regardless will determine how quickly he departs the club.

There is less than two days until the window closes and I maintain that who he is allowed to sign (or not) to address the many deficiencies is a clear sign as to how much support he has from Cormack.

It’s interesting that it’s the hired help, whose job depends on McInnes continuing employment, that is defending him rather than his boss, who has been noticeable by his complete silence on the matter.

I watch a lot of American sports (as will Cormack) and they have a saying there which is “what have you done for me lately?” Their view is no matter how good you have been in the past if you are not currently performing then you are out.

There was a lot of bluster from Docherty yesterday about how well they have done and I still maintain a lot of good stuff was done in the first 3-4 seasons that gave me a lot of enjoyment (other than f’ucking up the StJ semi) but just delusional about last two seasons. He mentions they have only lost 3 games in last 3 months but funnily enough no mention that after 23 games we have the lowest points total of their 7 seasons in charge. I think if they were honest with the fans that they have f’ucked up the last two years they would be cut a bit more slack by some fans but the continued arrogance that it’s a “small bump in the road” that is so transparently untrue will hasten their departure.

I thought that the Motherwell semi defeat would be a turning point.
    I recall his post-game interview when he bemoaned "poor recruitment" as being the reason for the massive rectal prolapse.

I reasoned that, since he was espousing this publicly, there would be changes behind the scenes in terms of scouting, recruitment etc.

Since then we've had, what, four windows (counting this one) and the recruitment has gone downhill (including the acquisition of the player who tore us a new one that day, in what any Motherwell fan would assess as his high water mark by some distance).

I've bumped my gums often enough on here that the issue at this club goes beyond McInnes.

The club is distracted by Westhill white elephants.

I think we need to bring in someone to whom McInnes is accountable, who sets him targets and appraises him regularly.

But principally someone who will completely overhaul the scouting and external recruitment.

The job title of "Director of Football" is widely disliked by many, in spite of it meaning nothing, the job description is the important thing.

The days of Fergie style omnipotent first team managers running every aspect of a football club are gone.

I think that is the direction the club needs to go.
    Simply sacking McInnes and seeing who applies is not the right strategy.

It's said on here often that the Alex Miller, Ebbe, Patterson, McGhee eras are no sort of benchmark for a club the size of Aberdeen, and that's right.

But they are indicators of how far south things can go very quickly without a cogent strategy.

I think McInnes' jacket is on a very shoogly peg, rightly so, but the club needs to look at the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by watsonnimrod View Post
    nice in theory but hate fuels places like this and you have to remember its a very very small minority, some don't even go to games which amuses me.

I'm exactly the same. There has been loads of high points in his tenure, the victories at greyskull for me are a massive highlight. It was better than what preceded (an unfashionable point of view too) but its time for him to move on.

Time for someone slightly less arrogant.
    castle greyskull was not a bad place

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I thought that the Motherwell semi defeat would be a turning point.
    I recall his post-game interview when he bemoaned "poor recruitment" as being the reason for the massive rectal prolapse.

I reasoned that, since he was espousing this publicly, there would be changes behind the scenes in terms of scouting, recruitment etc.

Since then we've had, what, four windows (counting this one) and the recruitment has gone downhill (including the acquisition of the player who tore us a new one that day, in what any Motherwell fan would assess as his high water mark by some distance).

I've bumped my gums often enough on here that the issue at this club goes beyond McInnes.

The club is distracted by Westhill white elephants.

I think we need to bring in someone to whom McInnes is accountable, who sets him targets and appraises him regularly.

But principally someone who will completely overhaul the scouting and external recruitment.

The job title of "Director of Football" is widely disliked by many, in spite of it meaning nothing, the job description is the important thing.

The days of Fergie style omnipotent first team managers running every aspect of a football club are gone.

I think that is the direction the club needs to go.
    Simply sacking McInnes and seeing who applies is not the right strategy.

It's said on here often that the Alex Miller, Ebbe, Patterson, McGhee eras are no sort of benchmark for a club the size of Aberdeen, and that's right.

But they are indicators of how far south things can go very quickly without a cogent strategy.

I think McInnes' jacket is on a very shoogly peg, rightly so, but the club needs to look at the bigger picture.
    Doubt you’ve ever posted anything better, Sneckie, right on the button.

I recall that DM interview as I trudged up Cathcart Rd after the Well semi final mauling, thought he was being honest about his performance in the transfer market, but it’s actually got worse since.

He’s gone stale, loaded, unambitious, dulled, arrogant, cantbearsed - there a few adjectives for ya, Doc.

McInnes won’t like a DoF above him but it might be the making of him. As you say, take all the scouting, contracts, youth policy (is he involved in that anyway?) and let him coach, makes players better etc etc. Has to be said though, a clean break would be preferable, so DoF comes in at same time as new manager.

In any case, in the absence of Duncan Fraser ( was he pushed? Funny how he doesn’t have another job post AFC) who runs AFC day to day, with Redneck Dave in Atlanta?
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 30-01-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    Nice in theory but hate fuels places like this and you have to remember its a very very small minority, some don't even go to games which amuses me.

I'm exactly the same. There has been loads of high points in his tenure, the victories at Greyskull for me are a massive highlight. It was better than what preceded (an unfashionable point of view too) but its time for him to move on.

Time for someone slightly less arrogant.
    It's nothing to do with hate really. If he was winning trophies or excelling in his role as Aberdeen manager then it doesn't matter really what you think of the manager, unless of course it's someone like Graham Rix.

The point is that the team are regressing fast and it is time for change However, the deluded Doc gave us an insight yesterday into how out of touch the management team have become. It's like the last days of the Saddam regime...

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Doubt you’ve ever posted anything better, Sneckie, right on the button.

I recall that DM interview as I trudged up Cathcart Rd after the Well semi final mauling, thought he was being honest about his performance in the transfer market, but it’s actually got worse since.

He’s gone stale, loaded, unambitious, dulled, arrogant, cantbearsed - there a few adjectives for ya, Doc.

McInnes won’t like a DoF above him but it might be the making of him. As you say, take all the scouting, contracts, youth policy (is he involved in that anyway?) and let him coach, makes players better etc etc. Has to be said though, a clean break would be preferable, so DoF comes in at same time as new manager.

In any case, in the absence of Duncan Fraser ( was he pushed? Funny how he doesn’t have another job post AFC) who runs AFC day to day, with Redneck Dave in Atlanta?
    I'd say there's been an improvement on the youth development front, but the problem for all Scottish teams is bridging the 19s to 1st team gap without reserve fitba.

I think the lack of accountability for Del has been an issue.
    Milne was just grateful to have him, Cormack will be different, but he's nae a "fitba man" which on one level might be good.

How much a week are we paying for this again?

https://twitter.com/mikey_cumming/st...116428290?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Nice in theory but hate fuels places like this and you have to remember its a very very small minority, some don't even go to games which amuses me.

I’m totally bored of him and as a result totally bored of our team and football in general.

2 quotes, one which explains the other.

Also, it's certainly not a "very very small minority"
    No you misunderstand.

Its a very very small minority that hates him. I suspect its still around 50/50 who want him out, growing by the week tho.

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    No you misunderstand.

Its a very very small minority that hates him. I suspect its still around 50/50 who want him out, growing by the week tho.
    It would be interesting to do a poll of supporters on that issue. I’d guess more than 50% want a change now - I’d stab a guess at nearer 75%. At the start of this season I was still on the fence but gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he’d get things back on track, but things have only gotten worse and our rate of decline has accelerated. If McInnes is still here next season we’ll struggle to make top 6.

Someone said a few posts ago that Cormack isn’t a football man - he seems to be a more passionate Aberdeen fan than Milne ever was and he seems much more in touch with the fans. He’s not been afraid to try one or two new things already and I’m sure he’ll have set McInnes targets for this season which if they aren’t achieved will mean the end of him - I would assume they would be something like finish third (should still be achievable) and get to the cup final at least. Anything less and he’s off. I reckon we’ll find ourselves down to 5th fairly soon and out of the cup and it might bring the decision forward a few months.

I think the only person that hates him is Mason.

I have sympathy with his position because I was exactly the same with Calderwood.

McInnes's negative play has turned many more against him though.

Page 535 of 625 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585 ... LastLast