+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 161 of 625 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I don’t know what substance you are on, but feel free to share it with other zoomers
    I'm sharing nothing with you.

Anyway, hopefully Wilson will get fit and the new sigings aren't as pish, we get every refereeing decision under the sun and Considine doesn't get dropped. We can still win the league. In DM we trust.

Come on you reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'm sharing nothing with you.

Anyway, hopefully Wilson will get fit and the new sigings aren't as pish, we get every refereeing decision under the sun and Considine doesn't get dropped. We can still win the league. In DM we trust.

Come on you reds!
    Win the league? Have you bumped your heed? We will be lucky to score over 40 league goals this season. Unless we win every game 1-0 between now and the end of the season, that'll be the only way and it's nae happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Yes it's all about opinions. I've witnessed the slow decline of Rooney from a very limited footballer who rarely scored against good defences to someone that when the goals dried up contributed nothing to the team. I would have been happy to have kept him as super sub. Just not our first choice striker
    I can think of one goal Rooney scored as a sub. We will never have a super sub because that's not how McInnes plays. Having Taylor going up front is more his style.

The decline of Rooney though...I'm not sure why having a born poacher playing on the LW would mean we would get the best out of him.

There's only one striker that's contributed to our team so far this season and he's overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Win the league? Have you bumped your heed? We will be lucky to score over 40 league goals this season. Unless we win every game 1-0 between now and the end of the season, that'll be the only way and it's nae happening!
    Don't be such a pant pisher.

He hasn't been played to his strengths. He needs another striker to play off. He was ok against Dundee and fashioned a chance for himself against St Johnstone . We need to see him actually given chances to score before we can decide whether he is finished
    He badly sclaffed a great chance against Kilmarnock, when we were just 1-0 down, when he had a clear shot on goal from about 8 yards out when Logan played him in

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    You don't offload him though when your only other options at the time were a lumbering useless donkey, and a guy who seems shot to pieces after a serious knee injury. We got lucky with Anderson coming on against Rangers, and he actually looks the best of the bunch but in McInnes head he isn't 6 foot odd so he's 4th in our striking pecking order.
    e

For the ump****th time he wanted to go. I accept part of his decision would use been lack of game time. We wanted to keep him not offload him.

May would do ok if played to his strengths. I accept after the Greig Stewart debacle he might never be given that opportunity. I would prefer him with another striker or a decent no.10 a la Gregg f ucking Stewart who plays closer to him
    Supposedly we tried to buy Stewart in the Summer. I don't blame him for not rushing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    He badly sclaffed a great chance against Kilmarnock, when we were just 1-0 down, when he had a clear shot on goal from about 8 yards out when Logan played him in
    One opportunity ! Rooney missed plenty it's just we gave him more than one chance a game.

One opportunity ! Rooney missed plenty it's just we gave him more than one chance a game.
    May has played 42 games for us (including starting in 33 of them) and scored only 6 goals. I'm not sure how many games he needs to get before you agree he is not a goalscoring forward.

As a comparison Rooney scored 88 goals in 197 games for us. Yes Rooney missed chances (like all good strikers do) but you are comparing night and day with Rooney and May I'm afraid.

May has played 42 games for us (including starting in 33 of them) and scored only 6 goals. I'm not sure how many games he needs to get before you agree he is not a goalscoring forward.

As a comparison Rooney scored 88 goals in 197 games for us. Yes Rooney missed chances (like all good strikers do) but you are comparing night and day with Rooney and May I'm afraid.
    Comparing chalk and cheese. May is a footballer. How many games did Rooney play in Europe ? I'm not knocking him he suited the play most of the time when we had Hayes and a young McGinn. He doesn't fit it now I'm afraid he was never fast but he was definitely getting slower. We need more goals from midfield and 2 strikers or a forward and a number 10.

How many of those were penalties ?

Page 161 of 625 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast