+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 169 of 625 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    What a bunch of spanners on here about Rooney - folk speaking like he's a washed up paceless useless diddy that's 40.

He's 30 year old, a proven goalscorer, already got 7 in 11 for Salford - Worse league but you'd assume worse supply? Guy knows where the goal is!

Was far from finished it's just DM's obsession with more sitting midfielders than attackers/strikers prohibited him, especially as he was having to track back to help the left and right back at times! Was far better when we had Hayes and McGinn in full flight.
    If you have a watch of his goals so far, the standard of defending and goalkeeping is Scottish League 1 or 2 level.

He was too slow, we didn't have Hayes and/or McGinn and he wasn't playing enough. Back in his scoring days he'd do nothing for 179 minutes then score.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    If you have a watch of his goals so far, the standard of defending and goalkeeping is Scottish League 1 or 2 level.

He was too slow, we didn't have Hayes and/or McGinn and he wasn't playing enough. Back in his scoring days he'd do nothing for 179 minutes then score.
    Entitled to opinion on him, I personally have no issue with a slower striker if he can finish along with the supply providing the pace and dynamism.

Considering Livi were League 1 level just 2 years ago with a lot of the same squad, then the gap isn't that big. We are being quite blinkered and arrogant if we think we are streets ahead - our striker on Saturday could be a 20k Carlisle Reserve....

What got me with the whole Rooney thing was how it was handled. You don't sell your best striker for a pittance, even if he wants away we should have got more and also had a replacement in place. It was shambolic.

Our 2 strikers, that get played just now, are absolutely bogging and levels below Rooney.

Rooney had become past it for what we needed to progress. We needed Moult, playing and scoring like he was at Motherwell. We signed a handicapped slipknot ****.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Entitled to opinion on him, I personally have no issue with a slower striker if he can finish along with the supply providing the pace and dynamism.
    Completely agree. Top scorer in Scotland last year was fatty Boyd with the likes of Jones providing the pace. Boyd is about the only striker that made Rooney look fast but he has built a career on just scoring goals

While these things are relative, I'm actually not a McInnes happy clapper. At present it doesn't look as though we've recruited well and McInnes is going to have to earn his paycheck this season if we're going to be anywhere close to where we have been in recent seasons.

Of course there's little room for a spectrum of nuance between a pant p*sher and a happy clapper so I'm happy to be labelled as others see fit.

I just find it simultaneously hilarious and depressing that some fans genuinely wanted to sack a manager who had finished 2nd four seasons in a row. I realise that to the likes of Red_John I'm an unambitious loser for lacking the expectation that we should be winning cups and running Celtic close in the league. I can live with that, mainly because my acquired glass half full attitude has made following the club far less stressful. That doesn't mean that an insipid performance against Sevco doesn't ruin my day.

But these are the same kinds of folk who would moan about the MSM and their attitude towards our club and fans. Can you imagine the clichés that would be trotted out about 'fan expectations' if we sacked DM after finishing 2nd four seasons in a row? The retort raised in protest to these claims was usually that we merely expected the club not to struggle season on season as we had done for the best part of two decades. Well we've had that for a while now and evidently there's still a chasm for some between expectations and the actual performance of the club in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Completely agree. Top scorer in Scotland last year was fatty Boyd with the likes of Jones providing the pace. Boyd is about the only striker that made Rooney look fast but he has built a career on just scoring goals
    How’s Boyd getting on this year?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    How’s Boyd getting on this year?
    Better than Sam cosgrove your hero !

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Better than Sam cosgrove your hero !
    Lol, speaking Bull**** again

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    We signed f ucking Wilson. My hibs supporting mate who knew more about him than I said he would have him in a heartbeat.
    Well thats that then. Hes ace

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Anderson if given a run in the team will score more goals than Wilson, Cosgrove and May combined. The lad has something about him but our esteemed manager doesn’t want to play goal scorers unless throwing them in the deep end chasing a draw.
    Cosgrove will start against Motherwell (hasn’t scored a serious goal for the Dons) but Anderson will be fortunate if he gets 10-15mins....please explain that one?
    Cosgrove has scored one in his life. Ooooooooh Derek McInnes.

Page 169 of 625 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast