+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 534 of 625 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I watch the matches via RedTV also but admit it’s definitely a difficult watch. McInnes might see it out until the end of the season at best...he will definitely be away for the beginning of next season. The new money men have given us a load of money so will be looking for something good on the football front as a return at least.
    For me, it's got to the point where I have RedTV on, but before long I find it's in the background and I'm doing something else with one ear on the commentary. I've consistently watched every single match I can until this season, so I think that's a pretty big indication of how dire it's become. To be honest, I don't think I'd cancel my subscription - too much of a wrench.

Criticism of Derek McInnes is "absurd and preposterous", and his loyalty to Aberdeen should be "reciprocated", says assistant manager Tony Docherty.

Some fans voiced their anger at McInnes after a draw at St Mirren on Sunday left them four points off third-placed Motherwell in the Scottish Premiership.

But Docherty defended McInnes, who has been in charge for almost seven years.

"Everyone at the club finds that hugely disrespectful. Some people in the game should know better," he said.

"He is not just a manager with a proven track record, but a manager that has shown real loyalty to this club and most of all to its supporters, so when we are going through a wee bump in the road - which we will address - you expect that loyalty to be reciprocated."

Aberdeen held by St Mirren
    McInnes has been in charge at Aberdeen for almost seven years, replacing Craig Brown. Since then, the Pittodrie club have been in four cup finals, a further four semi-finals, and finished second in the league on four occasions.

However, last term they finished fourth behind Celtic, Rangers and Kilmarnock, and they trail the Old Firm and Motherwell this season, having won just two of their last eight Premiership games.

"I think we need to put into perspective that it was a minority of fans - there is massive support out there," added Docherty of the criticism in Paisley.

"We have had loads of correspondence from people saying they were embarrassed by it. There is an anger about that it is disrespectful and it is something that I know will drive Derek and the rest of us on.

"Yes, we are going through a period just now where we need to take responsibility for getting more points on the board. But for the narrative to be the way that it is just now, I find is totally disrespectful.”

Stuff your disrespect right up your a’rse Docherty.

F’uck right off to the background where you belong.

That triggered response is the most fight I've seen from an Aberdeen related employee for a while.
    Also shows their sense of entitlement.
    Yes shots not going well, we get that we can go thru a bad run, this is an extended bad run thou yet nothing is being done about it.

Obviously they are under the mindset if we win then who gives a **** how **** we were which has masked this season.

No wonder we haven't heard hardly a peep from that ar5e Docherty since McInnes dragged his sorry butt through Pittodrie's door seven years ago.

Who the hell is he to demand or expect McInnes have his "loyalty reciprocated". He's done very nicely out of us as has his deluded Doc.

If anyone was still in any doubt about these pair of muppets still being at the club then that 5 star kunt should have sealed the deal.

Funny how a bad run can lead to so much hatred for someone. I'm more like cheers for the first couple years Derek but surely it's time to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Funny how a bad run can lead to so much hatred for someone. I'm more like cheers for the first couple years Derek but surely it's time to move on?
    It’s not just a bad run of results though... it’s almost 2 seasons of eye-bleedingly bad football with zero entertainment... it’s no clear plan or strategy on the pitch other than sideways passing then limping it forward... it’s countless transfer windows of over-signing in the same positions whilst failing to address glaring holes in the squad... its constantly playing people out of position just to accommodate certain players in the team... the list goes on, it’s all been covered before. He’s got away with all of the above for a while because we’ve managed to scrape results together, but the reality is that’s just been masking a whole heap of issues. Now it’s all coming to the fore... I liked him for the first few seasons too, but in the last 2 or 3 he’s been totally inept and infuriating. Time is well up now as he doesn’t have the ability to turn things around - he’s stuck in his ways, and the way that’s taking us is backwards and downwards. He’s also too arrogant to admit it and too quick to either shift the blame onto the fans or the players (singling out Cosgrove recently for example, a guy who’s bailed him out countless times in the last 12 months). His post match interviews are constant drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Nice in theory but hate fuels places like this and you have to remember its a very very small minority, some don't even go to games which amuses me.

I'm exactly the same. There has been loads of high points in his tenure, the victories at Greyskull for me are a massive highlight. It was better than what preceded (an unfashionable point of view too) but its time for him to move on.

Time for someone slightly less arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    Nice in theory but hate fuels places like this and you have to remember its a very very small minority, some don't even go to games which amuses me.

I'm exactly the same. There has been loads of high points in his tenure, the victories at Greyskull for me are a massive highlight. It was better than what preceded (an unfashionable point of view too) but its time for him to move on.

Time for someone slightly less arrogant.
    Yeah, I don’t hate the guy - i don’t wish any ill will on him, I’m just frustrated with him and fed up with him and wish he would just hurry up and leave so things can change. Basically, for all the reasons in my previous post, and many others which have been made before, I’m totally bored of him and as a result totally bored of our team and football in general.

I’m totally bored of him and as a result totally bored of our team and football in general.

2 quotes, one which explains the other.

Also, it's certainly not a "very very small minority"

Page 534 of 625 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584 ... LastLast