+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 172 of 625 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Your painting a false scene. Most fans are reasonable , giving Mciness plenty leeway. I like most hoped he was the answer & would continue in similar or better form to his start here. It's not been the case, plenty of wasted opportunities IMO & blatant flaws where online posters continually select better team formations/tactics.
    But your last comment about being careful what we wish for, sums up the reluctant attitude of many who live in the though bound mental inertia of the ghost of Christmas's past.
    Gotcha !

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I think the difficulty is that the majority of Mcinness haters have always been so. You can go back through the threads. It went a bit quiet post split last season. A lot of it stems from the sevco debacle. I was resigned to him going and spitting feathers about the teams form particularly against Sevco during that period. He had a lot of making up for and to some extent particularly post sp!it did that.
    A so so start has emboldened the naysayers into a linch mob who fail to grasp or choose not to recognise the ridiculousness of calling for the manager's head at this stage. They also ignore the fact that almost all the dissenters on here are not fools who worship at the altar of deek. Most of us see his flaws which are feckin frustrating but also recognise that we should be careful what we wish for.
    I don't hate McInnes and I have wanted him out for a long time, well before the Sevco debacle where I can't think of a manager in the game that would have got away with that.

The "careful what you wish for" quote is an odd one in football. I wish we won things. McInnes won't be here forever, every one of us will still be here though. If you are so concerned that by him getting the sack and his replacement being pish, then you are a pant pisher (welcome aboard).

It's like like all the Considine fans (who are really just McInnes fanboys) who constantly defended him, only for us to likely to drop him for Lowe. Nobody seems to be that bothered now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't hate McInnes and I have wanted him out for a long time, well before the Sevco debacle where I can't think of a manager in the game that would have got away with that.

The "careful what you wish for" quote is an odd one in football. I wish we won things. McInnes won't be here forever, every one of us will still be here though. If you are so concerned that by him getting the sack and his replacement being pish, then you are a pant pisher (welcome aboard).

It's like like all the Considine fans (who are really just McInnes fanboys) who constantly defended him, only for us to likely to drop him for Lowe. Nobody seems to be that bothered now.
    Not yet, Logan may be dropped. Consi stays in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

It’s not hard to understand.
    Lowe looks like he could be better than Considine at left back and doesn’t sacrifice Shinnie from midfield.
    We’ve never said Considine couldn’t be improved on, just whether it was the priority or the best use of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Time will tell. He is not bullet proof. I don't agree with the credit in the bank view. A further 8-12 weeks of poor results and he'll be through his overdraft, pressure will be increased and the board will have a decision to take. Where is the run of wins coming from? I predict he won't see the season out, gone by February. What does he have left to bring about an upturn? Change tactics? No chance. James Wilson? Good luck with that Hail Mary.
    I agree with BeachEnd. We know that Milne worships the ground McInnes walks on but this season has all the hallmarks of going awry. Football is all about scoring goals and winning games and I've seen no evidence that we're capable of doing this, even on a semi-regular basis.

This week will be a benchmark with three games in seven days. Two defeats against Motherwell and Hibs, followed by a heavy defeat at Parkhead and the seeds of discontent among the support will begin to spread. Or a draw against Motherwell, defeat at Hibs, and a dismal display at Parkhead will be enough. If that were to continue throughout October to end of January (culminating in defeat in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup), then I think the McInnes wicket gets increasingly sticky, and we might need to get in a night-watchman until the end of the season again...

Of course three wins and it could change the course of the season
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 21-09-2018 at 12:41 PM.

We might beat Motherwell if we score first. Just can't see us beating Hibs. Celtic is a foregone conclusion.

Absolutely **** all will happen, even if we finish bottom 6. He'd be given the first half of next season, then if crowds are desperately low might just be slightly under pressure from Milne.

I hope that when the time does come when his fluffers demand that he deserves time to fix it, that they remember he works two windows in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I think the difficulty is that the majority of Mcinness haters have always been so. You can go back through the threads. It went a bit quiet post split last season. A lot of it stems from the sevco debacle. I was resigned to him going and spitting feathers about the teams form particularly against Sevco during that period. He had a lot of making up for and to some extent particularly post sp!it did that.
    A so so start has emboldened the naysayers into a linch mob who fail to grasp or choose not to recognise the ridiculousness of calling for the manager's head at this stage. They also ignore the fact that almost all the dissenters on here are not fools who worship at the altar of deek. Most of us see his flaws which are feckin frustrating but also recognise that we should be careful what we wish for.
    What sh*te you speak

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It’s not hard to understand.
    Lowe looks like he could be better than Considine at left back and doesn’t sacrifice Shinnie from midfield.
    We’ve never said Considine couldn’t be improved on, just whether it was the priority or the best use of resources.
    So someone that's been our LB for about 4 seasons is dropped like Owen Hart (sorry) for a guy that's on loan for 6 months and has played a couple of games?

Oh well.

Third man to blame?

At least the resources were better used getting creative and goalscoring types.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    We might beat Motherwell if we score first. Just can't see us beating Hibs. Celtic is a foregone conclusion.

Absolutely **** all will happen, even if we finish bottom 6. He'd be given the first half of next season, then if crowds are desperately low might just be slightly under pressure from Milne.
    Pretty much my take on it.
    nothing to see here until this time next year.
    A manager pretty much lives or dies by his recruitment, and it looks like for the 2nd summer in a row, DM had made a mess of it.

Page 172 of 625 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast