+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 477 of 625 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    McInnes doesn't have the know how to do it. He tries the same thing ever year.
    That's becoming more and more obvious, I think he may get one more crack at it under Cormack though depending on how we fare this season.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    That's becoming more and more obvious, I think he may get one more crack at it under Cormack though depending on how we fare this season.
    I'd reckon he will chop him at the end of the season. We've gone nowhere with McInnes that we couldn't have done with another semi decent manager.

I suppose it depends on what Cormack's vision is for the club and what the Americans want. I think they'll get bored quickly though.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Another steal from the podcast which had been discussing Craig Browns tenure (according to Twitter anyway)

The 5 worst managers in our history all appointed by that inept tcheuchter **** who also let our home fall into a state of disrepair.

Yet some "fans" have been thanking him for his service.

Unreal

Slightly off topic but chatting with a mate last night who lives in the dark ages and rarely ventures on to the Internet who bought some AFC shares many years ago (90's).

Will he get anything for them? I think they are paper shares so will he have top get in touch with someone at the club?

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    Slightly off topic but chatting with a mate last night who lives in the dark ages and rarely ventures on to the Internet who bought some AFC shares many years ago (90's).

Will he get anything for them? I think they are paper shares so will he have top get in touch with someone at the club?

think they are unsellable , at the moment.
    wait a few more years now we are being run by people with some sense ( I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post

They are not unsellable, just no matched bargain companies as Link MBS got the heave-ho from the Financial Conduct Authority. No reason he can't pitch them on eBay or Gumtree to find someone willing to buy.

I can't imagine being run by 'people with some sense' will make a positive difference. If the Easter Alford Stadium is going to be built it will be funded by multiple share issues which will dilute the current shareholding to a level close to Skol lager. I also pitched in a couple of thousand back in the day, not in the hope of making a profit but with the thought of improving the club. Yippee, I helped buy Derek Whyte. I expect soon to have fully convertible shares which can be converted to a wiener, hoagie or similar American treat at the aforesaid new pleasure dome.

Absolutely, it's a big ask . They keep rabbiting on about the group stages, Cormack seems to be highlighting that as an immediate target. We're way off that level at the moment though , we need to find a way to get past q3 and get a crack at the play off round first , and you can see by that list how difficult that task is.
    I'd reckon he will chop him at the end of the season. We've gone nowhere with McInnes that we couldn't have done with another semi decent manager.

I suppose it depends on what Cormack's vision is for the club and what the Americans want. I think they'll get bored quickly though.
    That’s being a tad harsh on McInnes.

We have qualified for Europe every season he has been here.

A lot of folk these days are saying that is the bare minimum he should be achieving which is fair enough,but we will see if the next manager does the bare minimum and qualifies for Europe every season.

Absolutely, it's a big ask . They keep rabbiting on about the group stages, Cormack seems to be highlighting that as an immediate target. We're way off that level at the moment though , we need to find a way to get past q3 and get a crack at the play off round first , and you can see by that list how difficult that task is.
    I don’t think we are anywhere near good enough to get to the group stages.
    I don’t think we are good enough to get past QR3.
    Either our budget isn’t good enough, or it isn’t being used well enough,
    There’s not a chance of progression if we are signing the likes of Taylor, Main, Gallagher.
    They’re miles off being good enough.
    Even our better players aren’t up to it.
    And neither is McInnes.
    He tries the same sh1te tactics.
    Every season.
    Funnily enough they don’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That’s being a tad harsh on McInnes.

We have qualified for Europe every season he has been here.

A lot of folk these days are saying that is the bare minimum he should be achieving which is fair enough,but we will see if the next manager does the bare minimum and qualifies for Europe every season.
    Not sure what your point is to be honest. If the next manager is dross, does that mean McInnes is good?

Not sure what your point is to be honest. If the next manager is dross, does that mean McInnes is good?
    You said any semi decent manager could do what McInnes has done so whoever replaces him will have to qualify for Europe every season at the very least.

That’s setting the bar a lot higher than Milne ever did,that’s a good thing but it might cost Cormack a lot of money if he is going to sack managers for not getting into Europe.

Page 477 of 625 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577 ... LastLast