+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next 6 games......kindly posted by NW6

Next 6 games......kindly posted by NW6

"We’re missing a match winner other than Stead at the moment. Grant’s goals have dried up, Shola’s never been prolific and Yates was the next top scorer.

We sit 14th in the form guide for the last six games - and while we’ve only got 7 points in that time, Wycombe have got 16, Mansfield 15 and Accrington 13, and have slipped from 2nd to 5th. Worst thing is we didn’t have a hard set of fixtures.

Four of the next six games are away, and we’ve failed to score in our last two away games (and barely looked like scoring). Here are the next set of games:

Cambridge - A
    Stevenage - H
    Cheltenham - A
    F Green Rovers - A
    Mansfield - H
    Chesterfield - A

Anything less than 12 points will be a poor return, but I’m not confident we’ll pick up more than another 7 points. Hope I’m proved wrong."

Tarquin says...................."I am going to have a stab at this.....

Cambridge......1 point
    Stevenage.......3 points
    Cheltenham......1 point
    FGR........1 point
    Mansfield.....need you ask?....draw at best
    Chesterfield.....1 point

8 points from 6 games.......sorry, sincerely hope I am wrong because we need 12 points or more to remain in the play~off spots"

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post

"We’re missing a match winner other than Stead at the moment. Grant’s goals have dried up, Shola’s never been prolific and Yates was the next top scorer.

We sit 14th in the form guide for the last six games - and while we’ve only got 7 points in that time, Wycombe have got 16, Mansfield 15 and Accrington 13, and have slipped from 2nd to 5th. Worst thing is we didn’t have a hard set of fixtures.

Four of the next six games are away, and we’ve failed to score in our last two away games (and barely looked like scoring). Here are the next set of games:

Cambridge - A
    Stevenage - H
    Cheltenham - A
    F Green Rovers - A
    Mansfield - H
    Chesterfield - A

Anything less than 12 points will be a poor return, but I’m not confident we’ll pick up more than another 7 points. Hope I’m proved wrong."

Tarquin says...................."I am going to have a stab at this.....

Cambridge......1 point
    Stevenage.......3 points
    Cheltenham......1 point
    FGR........1 point
    Mansfield.....need you ask?....draw at best
    Chesterfield.....1 point

8 points from 6 games.......sorry, sincerely hope I am wrong because we need 12 points or more to remain in the play~off spots"
    What makes you think Stevenage will be the fall guys?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What makes you think Stevenage will be the fall guys?
    Home game, against a mid~table side who have no aspirations of promotion or relegation

Maybe top three was a bit optimistic,but I think there should be enough points in the remaining games to see us into the playoffs,its going to be tight though.

If the spin dr still believes we can go up automatically then 5 wins & a draw would be the return you'd expect.On current form maybe 2 wins 2 draws 2 defeats would be a good return.