+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    You still here talking sh1te??

Take the hint and disappear. Good lad.
    Can we not just disagree sometimes?

I don't agree with everything Mason says, he is a rascal at times but to tell him to gtf aff the board is a tad extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Good point.
    I just don't get the constant negativity.

Give constructive criticism, for sure, but to constantly make fubar negative comments against the club we all support in every thread is mind boggling to me.

I wasn't at the Kilmarnock game, so can comment too much, but by the radio reports of the game and those who were actually there, it was not the best of games. We didn't create too much.
    That said, we were up against a team who are on top form at the moment.

They've only lost twice at home in the last 13 games, both of which were by Aberdeen (November and January)
    This includes beating Celtic and Rangers in that run.
    So for us to beat them twice there and a draw we then won on penalties should be recognised.
    Alas, not good enough for some
    Valid points. I was there , and these days tend to watch out for all the faults our players are condemned for on this site.

All through the match I just kept thinking , this Killie team are just not that good. They are organised well, but really only set up for one tactic. A long ball over the top in the hope of a defensive error allowing their striket to get a shot in. Throw ins arepredictable too. Give it to Malawi , everytime. Christie saw this and tried to shut it down. Sure they take advantage of the awful bounce on the plastic pitch , and the tippy tappy nature of it , i think , can make them look better . But ( like Aberdeen on the night ) Killie fail to string more than two passes together. And boing ,boing, boing it was mainly head tennis. The boy Jones can be a threat. By cutting inside , looking to dive between the full back and the Centre Half, and looks to go to ground very easily. But it didn`t come off on the night. Aye, Aberdeen were as bad at the boing,boing,boing. But I can`t see how Killie have beaten both the Cheeks ?!!

Anyway. Woodman. Yes, stays on his line . Not super strong in communivating. And a bit hesitant in his kicking, and not a strong kicker. But he`s still learning his new team mates, probably going on instructions to be catious from Deek, ans he is very young for a Goalie. so I don`t expect great wisdom ? He truly is an excelleent shotstopper ( not meant as an insult. ) And in this game, he came off his line to make saves, read the game well, and was supreme in the penalty shootout. I don`t know if he is much better than Rogers. He is overall nothing like as assured s big Joe. But he won us this game.

Mclean was all over the place. Never hid, and did some excellent pointing. Looked like he was Captain. Got booked for nothing We`ll miss him.
    McGinn. Not a good night .
    GMS, hung out wide left and waited for a pass that rarely came. Boing,boing boing instead.
    Rooney. Won some headers !!! Thats how poor their defenders were. Worked hard. Got booked for little ( Other end of the park from us. So would need to see a replay ? )
    i could go through the rest , but it just seemed that neither side or any player could start to string more than two passes together. boing boing boing. Although it was clear all of our players looked just that bit classier than Killie. And nearly,nearly could have started to play better. Then, bboing , boing , boing. The head tennis started again.

I think it was a combination of that pitch, the excitement of the Cup , and the fact we`re just bitty off form due to the constant changing around of players and formations. We`ll need to do better against Murderwell. And I think we probably will. Playing on grass will help. And hopefully a more settled side ( Oh aye, half of them got booked and will miss it. Drat )

COYR.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Bless him. Astounding how often he mistimes his jump. Genuinely wonder if he's chronically shortsighted.
    He`s a star. Never moans. Does whatever is asked of him,...no matter how stupid.

would have hit 20 goals already this season if he was played in his right postion !!

Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Valid points. I was there , and these days tend to watch out for all the faults our players are condemned for on this site.

COYR.
    What a fantastic read and contribution.
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What a fantastic read and contribution.
    Thank you sir.
    Agreed.

Refreshing to read the comments of someone who clearly has the team at heart. Get's a bit boring reading all the negative crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    Agreed.

Refreshing to read the comments of someone who clearly has the team at heart. Get's a bit boring reading all the negative crap.
    Ying and Yang I suppose. Nothing wrong with a good fecht !

I find it ironic that the Afc Chat boys were commenting recently how this forum was dead on its arse. It has picked up recently in comparison to the turgid rubbish that has been posted by an ever decreasing no. of posters on that site recently

This site's a lot quieter than it used to be though. It's sleepy hollow on here after 11pm, which is disappointing to a night owl like me as the only other options seem to be AFC Chat or Twitter.

It's good to have somewhere to go to share banter about the team. I'm not saying nobody should be criticised, constructive criticism is fine by me, it's just this agenda that some people seem to have on here to be constantly negative about everything AFC and anybody who dares to be positive about the team that I cant be doing with.

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure we all the team at heart. The negative crap you don't need to read but considering that's all that was posted (due to all the ****e results) then there wouldn't have been any posters at all. I didn't see many posts by the "postive" lot. Back in force now it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Ying and Yang I suppose. Nothing wrong with a good fecht !

I find it ironic that the Afc Chat boys were commenting recently how this forum was dead on its arse. It has picked up recently in comparison to the turgid rubbish that has been posted by an ever decreasing no. of posters on that site recently
    The hat now appears to be approx 20 people posting drivel about each other on every thread.

Other than that a high percentage seem to come from Westhill and they go mental when someone says something against Kingsford.

Ab mad is the true home of the Aberdeen boo boys once again.

This site's a lot quieter than it used to be though. It's sleepy hollow on here after 11pm, which is disappointing to a night owl like me as the only other options seem to be AFC Chat or Twitter.

It's good to have somewhere to go to share banter about the team. I'm not saying nobody should be criticised, constructive criticism is fine by me, it's just this agenda that some people seem to have on here to be constantly negative about everything AFC and anybody who dares to be positive about the team that I cant be doing with.
    I'm a technophobe and haven't worked out how to post from my tablet. Need to get on that although after a few beers maybe best not to post as my cuddly exterior soon gets discarded. Anyone remember Brown Bottle from Viz ?

I know the doomsayers well but I have a pretty thick skin ! Not going to change their perspective anytime soon. Although I am far from the most positive poster myself. Particularly recently.

The drivel on the Hat is bad enough but its the racist homophobic nonsense on there that makes it particularly unpalatable. A whole load of really poor stuff about Ricksen and some one thought it was ok to post a joke about Madeline McCann recently.

My fault for reading it I suppose !

COYR

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast