+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Woodman

ROONEY hasnt been the same player for the past year as he doesn't look fit.

However to get the best out of our strikers we need to start playing 2 upfront & also need to sign a couple of attacking minded midfielders whom are also willing to track back

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    **** me, criticising our players for the manner in which they scored now?

I personally have been disappointed with Rooney's bicycle kick quotient in his 4 years with us, the poaching ginger prick.
    Haha...To be fair, I did feel guilty writing that, especially as I almost commented on somebody else's post in this thread which actually criticises AND praises Woodman in the same sentence. Can't be seen to be too complimentary to any AFC staff on Aberdeen Mad.

Hate penalties down the middle.
    Big fan of Rooney's penalty taking technique. I was always taught to hit the ball firmly into the bottom corner, and no keeper stands a chance. Rooney does that perfectly (usually).

Not a big fan of the blootered efforts either.
    Last edited by Red_Don; 14-03-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Can someone please tell me when Rooney was this super fit striker with loads of pace who could create chances for himself and others?

I can’t remember that

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Woodman started his career at Crystal Palace before moving to the academy set up at Newcastle United in 2013.[3] Woodman has represented England up to U21 level, and has won the 2014 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship and the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup with his country. He received the Golden Glove award for best goalkeeper in the latter tournament.

Aye. He's clearly complete shyte.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Tommy Wright played for England U19s & U20s

Just saying
    Come on Mason min, try to be a bit positive sometimes instead of looking at the negatives ALL the fcuking time.

Did Tommy Wright win the EUFA U-17 Championship?
    Did Tommy Wright win the FIFA U-20 World Cup?

Your point is moot then

Did they win those championships because of his goalkeeping ?

The point was he must be good because he’s played at that level. There’s an almost endless supply of players who played at that level that turned out sh1t. Did an Aberdeen player not score for Scotland in the final of the U16 World Cup? Must be magic right?

Judge Woodman on his performances for Aberdeen & only Aberdeen. Brilliant in the shoot out, pretty gash for the rest of it, nowhere near as good as Joe & possibly not as good as our back up (we’ll never know)

How could anyone criticise Woodman after last night. He's the main reason we're still in the SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    How could anyone criticise Woodman after last night. He's the main reason we're still in the SC.

I’d give motm to the linesman

I get it that people are not happy because he's not ours and Rogers is and believe he should have been given more of a chance, but, penalty shootout aside in which he was an absolute star, did Woodman have a bad game yesterday?

Genuinely don't know, because from the bits of radio commentary I heard it sounded as though he made a couple of decent saves and I wouldn't blame him for the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    I get it that people are not happy because he's not ours and Rogers is and believe he should have been given more of a chance, but, penalty shootout aside in which he was an absolute star, did Woodman have a bad game yesterday?

Genuinely don't know, because from the bits of radio commentary I heard it sounded as though he made a couple of decent saves and I wouldn't blame him for the goal.
    I'd say he had his usual nervy start but grew in to the game, made a few game saving saves and his kicking even improved as the game went on.

Looked a bit out of sorts after the match when DM pushed him over to the fans himself with a few photographers looking for a nice shot of him with dons scarf.

On that note I couldn't help but laugh at O'Connor. As soon as the shoot out was won he ran full pelt to the stand to celebrate. He was so excited he hadn't even realised the rest of the team had ran the opposite way to congratulate Freddy and it was only him jumping in to the crowd.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast