+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question: do we have enough to make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    He's fully aware we ain't good enough for automatic promotion so is hoping we can grab a play off place .Newport were there for the taking but does he stick or twist . I would love a gung ho approach but would rather draw 0-0 than lose 5-4 if truth be told.
    The thing is, stick is 1 point (at best), twist can be 3. Since 3 points for a win, it has been stupid to aim for 1. We need to have a go, this is Division 4.

My daughter is 12 too, but I have a very slim chance of interesting her in watching Notts. You are doing well there. Football was my life at that age, no interest in girls whatsoever back then (3 times married since before anyone starts).

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    The thing is, stick is 1 point (at best), twist can be 3. Since 3 points for a win, it has been stupid to aim for 1. We need to have a go, this is Division 4.
    My thoughts as well. 1 point is so negative and holding out for the point breeds fear of failure and has a bad effect on confidence. Bloody well go for it Notts!!

Blimey what a negative thread topic!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Or realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It isn't deliberately or intentionally negative. Nor is it intended to do NCFC down in any way. It is reality!! It is what is happening! Closing your eyes (not you in particular) and hoping everything turns out OK is just as bad as anything else on here.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    The bookies have us at 1-6 on to reach the playoffs,and at those odds they are rarely wrong.
    Sorry to nitpick (ok, I enjoy it really), but those 1/6 odds are for a top 7 finish rather than making the play-offs. The odds for a 4th to 7th place finish are 4-6.

Probably yes, but the supplementary question is have we the means / mettle to win the play off lottery. My heart probably wouldn't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Priorities have been all wrong !
    Instead of strengthening the team and adding quality we have instead got a lovely indoor pitch, prem quality changing rooms, brand new dining facilities but sadly an old slow ageing strike force.
    We also have a new pitch which was compared to wembley, but sadly we seem to play on a pitch somewhere up in the clouds..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We also have a new pitch which was compared to wembley, but sadly we seem to play on a pitch somewhere up in the clouds..
    Not often agree with you Durham.
    If we played more football we would be far more effective than playing in the clouds

To answer the OP like on the have we got enough for automatic promotion thread then for me it's the same answer. We have got the quality as that showed in the first 23 games. What we have not got is consistency, or should I say we have not had that consistency for the past ten games since Christmas.

At the start of the season I'd have taken a top seven finish, but I don't know about anyone else but I'll be pretty annoyed, frustrated and very disappointed if we don't make the playoffs because it will feel like we have thrown away a brilliant opportunity to get out of this league having been in an automatic promotion place for half the season.

It would also add insult to injury if Mansfield get automatic and we don't get a play-off place as well having had a ten point lead over them after 22 games, yet 11 games later they are a point in front of us. That's not what they have done, but what we haven't done in the last ten games as we have not maintained automatic promotion form and our from has dropped off to 11th in the table having got 14 points in the last 10 games.

In spite of all of this we don't have any right or are deserving of any place and we will finish where we deserve to finish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123