+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question: do we have enough to make the playoffs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question: do we have enough to make the playoffs?

Plenty of responses to the 'Do we have enough to make automatic' thread, although the vast majority agree that we don't.

I think the key question now is whether have enough to secure a playoff place. Current form is mid-table, and with Crawley surging up the table and Exeter with a couple of games in hand, and can see both of those catching up. We've got a tough run-in too, what with Accy away and the Stags, Wycombe, Coventry and Luton at home. I'm afraid to say I have little confidence in the current side putting together a solid run or stringing consecutive wins together.

So it's a tough call. If I were forced to choose I'd say we'll probably just miss out, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I know this sounds negative, but it's an honest appraisal of our side based on the games I've seen this season. Whatever happens, I've loved this season so far. Some great wins (Lincoln at home, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, etc.) and some great goals. Frustration and disappointed are part and parcel of being a football fan, especially if you support a team like Notts. And whatever happens, we're certainly moving in the right direction after a long period of regression.

I would say no. Goes without saying that I would love to be wrong. Take the last 3 games and I have been to them all.
    Barnet we were terrible.
    Carlisle we were lucky. I actually thought Stead's 2nd was offside.
    Newport( still here by the way ,waiting for brekkie to open then we wont be able to get out of here fast enough ) , see Barnet.

ps , It's half term this week so I asked my lad if he wanted to go to Cambridge and experience a midweek away match for the first time. I gotta admit that I was petty relieved when he said no.

No chance.

Blimey what a negative thread topic!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Or realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It isn't deliberately or intentionally negative. Nor is it intended to do NCFC down in any way. It is reality!! It is what is happening! Closing your eyes (not you in particular) and hoping everything turns out OK is just as bad as anything else on here.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    No chance.
    We have ‘a chance’. How big that chance is is down to opinion.
    Stating no chance is implying that is is impossible. That it is not.
    I think Notts may get away with picking up 18 points from the remaining games. Can we do that? We have a chance and I would hope we pick a fair few of that from the next 6 games.
    Obviously I would hope we picked up maximum points from the remaining fixtures, is that likely to happen? Almost no chance 😜

Here's an impartial view of our chances from my mates the bookies:

Promotion - 11/8 (42% chance)
    Top 7 finish - 1/6 (86% chance)
    To finish outside top 7 - 4/1 (20% chance)

Anyone who is convinced we won't make the play-offs get over to Skybet, the 4/1 looks very generous to me.

Enough to make the playoffs, not enough to win them.

I think we have enough for the playoffs & possibly automatic but the question is does KN think we have enough? looking at some of the negative tactics he employs even against the poorer sides in the league the answer seems no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast