+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Corbyn McDonnell Livingstone Labour Spy claims

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Yes BT but only suing one Tory MP for a tweet saying he sold secrets, not any of the papers for the original story.
    I wonder why he isn’t suing them too?
    perhaps 'cos there wasn't anything libellous in the original story re:corbyn.

corbyn confirmed that he had indeed met this walter mitty in the past. the details are just tittle-tattle and he's not going to sue over tittle tattle.

he'd never be out of court.

all just a little bit of history repeating...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/su...m-1590325.html
    Last edited by footy_le_bordel; 20-02-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Aye.

As long as the Tories continue to be funded by the rich and powerful who have their agendas, and Labour is funded by the unions, then politics in this country will always be "for the few, not the many".

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Aye.

As long as the Tories continue to be funded by the rich and powerful who have their agendas, and Labour is funded by the unions, then politics in this country will always be "for the few, not the many".
    Seeing as there are only around 6 million Union members in this country, and nowhere near all of them Labour voters, then a political party funded by the Unions running the country would indeed be government, if not for the few, then for a tiny minority of the population.

But nevertheless that doesn't matter, if as many people vote for Corbyn at the next election, as voted for Thatcher in the 80s, then he'll be our next PM.

Having friends such as Rupert Murdoch or Robert Maxwell certainly helps your cause too.

Having friends such as Rupert Murdoch or Robert Maxwell certainly helps your cause too.
    I wouldn't have a clue how much influence they have, in my case it's none whatsoever. For what it's worth the most influential imo is the BBC by some distance, but even their biased left wing agenda don't seem to have made much difference. They couldn't prevent the rise of UKIP, the Leave campaign winning, nor could they prevent a Tory election win, not that any of it was for want of trying. But if they, even with their virtual monopoly on the news in this country, can't influence events in their favour, I very much doubt Murdoch or Maxwell can either.

The BBC is claimed to be biased by both the right wingers and the left wingers - so it must be pitching itself just about right.

I personally feel it leans to the right.

Where are the left wing equivalents of Andrew Neil, Nick Robinson, the Dimblebys, Laura Kuenssberg, Michael Portillo's etc?

The BBC is claimed to be biased by both the right wingers and the left wingers - so it must be pitching itself just about right.

I personally feel it leans to the right.

Where are the left wing equivalents of Andrew Neil, Nick Robinson, the Dimblebys, Laura Kuenssberg, Michael Portillo's etc?
    You don't work for the BBC do you 59/60, 'if both sides claim we're biased we must be getting it right', is the very same self-justifying falsehood the BBC itself trots out on the rare occasions it deigns to comment on it's political bias. But don't take my word for it, see what the people who work for the organisation itself say about it.

Resident Lefty presenter Andrew Marr,

"The BBC is “a publicly-funded urban organisation with an abnormally large proportion of younger people, of people in ethnic minorities and almost certainly of gay people, compared with the population at large”. All this, he said, “creates an innate liberal bias inside the BBC”.

Peter Sissons, News and Current Affairs presenter,

"By far the most popular and widely read newspapers at the BBC are The Guardian and The Independent. *Producers refer to them routinely for the line to take on *running stories, and for inspiration on which items to cover. In the later stages of my career, I lost count of the number of times I asked a producer for a brief on a story, only to be handed a copy of The Guardian and told ‘it’s all in there’."

Mark Thompson, ex Director General,

"“In the BBC I joined 30 years ago [as a production trainee, in 1979], there was, in much of current affairs, in terms of people’s personal politics, which were quite vocal, a massive bias to the left. The organisation did struggle then with impartiality. And journalistically, staff were quite mystified by the early years of Thatcher. Now it is a completely different generation. There is much less overt tribalism among the young journalists who work for the BBC. It is like the New Statesman, which used to be various shades of soft and hard left and is now more technocratic. We’re like that, too.”

Jane Garvey, R4 presenter, on Blair's 97 election victory,

"I do remember… the corridors of Broadcasting House were strewn with empty champagne bottles. I’ll always remember that”

Justin Webb, Today presenter,

"“We need to foster peculiarity, idiosyncrasy, stubborn-mindedness, left-of-centre thinking.”

I could go on and on and on with further examples, but my favourite is Rod Liddle, when he was editor of the Today programme, and relevant in light of the shockingly biased Brexit coverage and the prefixing of all the good economic news since the Referendum with 'Despite Brexit....'. Liddle as editor of Today had received complaints from Eurosceptic MPs regarding the programme's biased coverage and was inclined to investigate, that raised eyebrows, he was taken aside by the BBC's Controller of Editorial Policy no less who said "‘What you have to understand, Rod, is that these people are all mad.’

The BBC has a right-wing bias 59/60 ? You really need to come and live amongst us on planet Earth, instead of whatever other planet it is you seem to live on.
    Last edited by sinkov; 22-02-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Love watching a Tory having a new arsehole ripped...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...inionconnectuk

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)