+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Corbyn McDonnell Livingstone Labour Spy claims

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Love watching a Tory having a new arsehole ripped...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...inionconnectuk
    Nothing much contentious in that Grauniad piece, she makes a bit too much imo of a couple of over-excited Tories claiming Agent Cob was a spy, when he clearly is no such thing. But why the fuss about the 'right-wing' media going to town on the story of Cob's links to East Germany and the Czechs, after all the left wing media can't get enough of stories about the Donald's alleged links to Russia. One rule for Trump, a different rule for Corbyn ? Looks like we're in lefty hypocrisy territory again.
    Last edited by sinkov; 22-02-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Evening Sinkov!

Looks like the coalition has hit the buffers again.

I think it is only right wing Thatcherite loonies who think that the BBC has a left wing bias. It depends upon each ones individual political views of course.
    I am left of centre but I'm not an extremist.

The BBC currently has The Daily Politics Show, hosted by right wing nut job Andrew Neil.

He also hosts This Week, possibly the worst program on TV. Have you ever seen a Lib Dem on it? Serious question, because I haven't watched it for ages.

Question Time is hosted by Dimbleby and, although he does a half decent job, his right wing bias is very obvious. The panel is normally right wing biased (last week there were two Tories on it)

Newsnight has three main presenters, Kirsty Wark (I'll give you that one), Ewan Davis (right wing) and Emily Matlis (right wing)

I'll also give you Andrew Marr on Sunday mornings.

The news coverage uses the very right wing Laura Kuenssberg for political comment.

Now I am aware that your politics are slightly to the right of Genghis Khan Sinkov, but no one I speak to considers the BBC to have a left wing bias. Like I say, it depends on your own individual political stance.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Nothing much contentious in that Grauniad piece, she makes a bit too much imo of a couple of over-excited Tories claiming Agent Cob was a spy, when he clearly is no such thing. But why the fuss about the 'right-wing' media going to town on the story of Cob's links to East Germany and the Czechs, after all the left wing media can't get enough of stories about the Donald's alleged links to Russia. One rule for Trump, a different rule for Corbyn ? Looks like we're in lefty hypocrisy territory again.
    You did not watch the video did you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You did not watch the video did you?
    I thought you weren't talking to me, are we 'friends' again ? And no, I never saw any link to a video, I'll have a look for it later.

Edward Lucas on his time as a journalist in Prague, and his experiences with the Czech Security Services around the same time Agent Cob was sharing nice cosy cups of tea with them. But of course the evil right wing press barons have no right to be highlighting this sort of stuff, shame on them.

"I remember the StB clearly. The Státní Bezpecnost, or State Security, was a pervasive part of my life in Communist-era Czechoslovakia. As the lone western newspaperman in Prague, I was a prime target. The secret police followed me around, harassed my friends, bugged my flat, cut off my phone, tried to recruit me, and shoved first girls and then boys into my path in the (fruitless) hope of entrapping me.
    What I remember especially well was the evening of November 17, 1989. The riot police had trapped a student demonstration in the centre of Prague. I watched as the defiantly sung national anthem quavered and dissolved into screams and cries. The students’ candles, flags and placards were quickly trampled underfoot. Truncheons slammed into heads and bodies.
    Next it was my turn. My notebook and tape recorder were ripped from my hands. Two uniformed policemen twisted back my arms. Then a plain-clothes man (an StB officer, I found out later) administered the most painful beating of my life. I particularly remember seeing his fist, clad in black leather, hurtling towards my face, and eventually my head landing hard on the pavement. My family remembers that evening clearly too, hearing on the BBC that I was missing, last seen being dragged away, unconscious, by the police.
    So I do not regard Jeremy Corbyn’s dalliance with the London representatives of the Czechoslovak regime as a trivial Cold War curio. While he and other left-wingers were hobnobbing with the emissaries of the Soviet empire, its victims were experiencing treatment — far worse than mine — that would curdle the blood of any true campaigner for freedom and justice.

And shame on Agent Cob for even talking to these sort of people. Is/was he just naive, or is he really a nasty piece of work, like his chum McDonnell ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 23-02-2018 at 01:02 PM.

OMG! What total and utter claptrap!

I got kicked harder by the Plymouth fans after we beat them in the play-offs. Bet that was Corbyn's fault too!

Edward Lucas on his time as a journalist in Prague, and his experiences with the Czech Security Services around the same time Agent Cob was sharing nice cosy cups of tea with them. But of course the evil right wing press barons have no right to be highlighting this sort of stuff, shame on them.

"I remember the StB clearly. The Státní Bezpecnost, or State Security, was a pervasive part of my life in Communist-era Czechoslovakia. As the lone western newspaperman in Prague, I was a prime target. The secret police followed me around, harassed my friends, bugged my flat, cut off my phone, tried to recruit me, and shoved first girls and then boys into my path in the (fruitless) hope of entrapping me.
    What I remember especially well was the evening of November 17, 1989. The riot police had trapped a student demonstration in the centre of Prague. I watched as the defiantly sung national anthem quavered and dissolved into screams and cries. The students’ candles, flags and placards were quickly trampled underfoot. Truncheons slammed into heads and bodies.
    Next it was my turn. My notebook and tape recorder were ripped from my hands. Two uniformed policemen twisted back my arms. Then a plain-clothes man (an StB officer, I found out later) administered the most painful beating of my life. I particularly remember seeing his fist, clad in black leather, hurtling towards my face, and eventually my head landing hard on the pavement. My family remembers that evening clearly too, hearing on the BBC that I was missing, last seen being dragged away, unconscious, by the police.
    So I do not regard Jeremy Corbyn’s dalliance with the London representatives of the Czechoslovak regime as a trivial Cold War curio. While he and other left-wingers were hobnobbing with the emissaries of the Soviet empire, its victims were experiencing treatment — far worse than mine — that would curdle the blood of any true campaigner for freedom and justice.

And shame on Agent Cob for even talking to these sort of people. Is/was he just naive, or is he really a nasty piece of work, like his chum McDonnell ?
    Coming from a right wing faggot I believe not one word...

Edward Lucas is a British writer and security-policy expert. Born in Wiltshire, he was educated at New College School, Winchester College and the London School of Economics. He briefly studied Polish at the Jagiellonian University in Cracow. His father is the Oxford philosopher John Lucas. He has been widely known to tell a lot of porkies!

Well, I know for a fact that the British Government has dialogue with some very unsavoury organisations around the world. This is, of course, not publicised but I think most people are aware that they are taking place. Ultimately they are for our national security.

So these meetings that Corbyn etc had with the Czech spy MAY have been for a decent cause.

But, as an aspiring Prime Minister, it is ***** that Corbyn etc let's us all know, at least, what the purpose of the meetings were. Otherwise I, and millions of other voters, will be very suspicious about it all and he won't get the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Well, I know for a fact that the British Government has dialogue with some very unsavoury organisations around the world. This is, of course, not publicised but I think most people are aware that they are taking place. Ultimately they are for our national security.

So these meetings that Corbyn etc had with the Czech spy MAY have been for a decent cause.

But, as an aspiring Prime Minister, it is ***** that Corbyn etc let's us all know, at least, what the purpose of the meetings were. Otherwise I, and millions of other voters, will be very suspicious about it all and he won't get the benefit of the doubt.
    Let me get this right? A thoroughly discredited Czech nutter who claims Corbyn knew what Thatcher had for her three square meals a day is threatening the democratic process in this country?

Bollox!

I thought you weren't talking to me, are we 'friends' again ? And no, I never saw any link to a video, I'll have a look for it later.
    No response, I take it I'm still in your little Black Book then, like the one Jackie Charlton had ?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)