+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3,500 plus or more bull****?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Different questions..

How long as the chippy been closed opposite the ground that has been there what 50 years? I can understand that other than match days they probably wouldn't do much business nowadays. I noticed the portable one by the shop. Is that something they do each match day now and what are the fish and chips and what not like?

We did say before that Dario didn't attend matches now but why is that? He must miss being there surely and nothing to do with the FA enquiry and his suspension as he has not been suspended from that activity? I could never understand why he sat there on his own when he could have sat next to John Bowler and discussed the match or players signed etc especially knowing each other since the early days? It would be good to see him do just that now as he has nothing to hide...His choice of course.

It was good to meet Scoff after the game as not seen him for a while. I said it was my first game this season and he said I must get to others then being it was rare win, lol..
    My understanding is that Dario's stupid suspension is from all football activity & he and club feel he can't attend matches or board meetings as well as not coaching - must be hell for him as it's his life. Chippy was closed start of last season then re-opened in competition with the mobile, then closed again earlier this season. I was told the owner had a falling out with the staff & no-one would replace them. The building clearance work going on inside was new this weekend I think. Most seemed to think when both were open the old Chippy was still better.
    Last edited by ShropshireAlex; 19-02-2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: typo

500 more fans from Colchester than Yeovil, so perhaps that is the reason. As for the fish, chips and peas from the van. Well, they are delicious and nicely cooked. At £5 they are probably the cheapest anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    500 more fans from Colchester than Yeovil, so perhaps that is the reason. As for the fish, chips and peas from the van. Well, they are delicious and nicely cooked. At £5 they are probably the cheapest anywhere.
    No,Colchester only brought 200.
    As for the chippy-when exactly did it open-mid eighties?
    I've no recollection of it being there in the 70's and early 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White Crusader View Post
    No,Colchester only brought 200.
    As for the chippy-when exactly did it open-mid eighties?
    I've no recollection of it being there in the 70's and early 80's.

Typing error by me, sorry. Added an extra nought. 50 extra Colchester fans would account for the increase in the attendance perhaps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12