+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3,500 plus or more bull****?

3,500 plus or more bull****?

I wasn't there yesterday so just wondered if the "attendance" rang true,as that many people still turning up to see a side third bottom of the Fourth Division,on a terrible run of form and against a dismal club like Colchester seemed surprisingly high.
    Or was the REAL attendance probably nearer 2,000?

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White Crusader View Post
    I wasn't there yesterday so just wondered if the "attendance" rang true,as that many people still turning up to see a side third bottom of the Fourth Division,on a terrible run of form and against a dismal club like Colchester seemed surprisingly high.
    Seemed higher than i expected but of course away fans can see Main Stand numbers better than those (the majority) in it. Thought it would have been more like 3000 tbh. There were more in Family Stand than GRE - freebies I presume.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White Crusader View Post
    I looked around and would say there were over 3000 in the main stand..Not every season ticket holder goes every match and so empty seats there..

Perhaps a view read my rallying call on here? (I doubt it) I think the crowd were great most of the time and tried to get behind the players, though I should have put don't groan when a pass goes wrong lol

We have approx 3000 season ticket holders and about another 300 who pay on the day so with the 200 odd visiting supporters the gate number was right. I felt the crowd supported the team well but we are entitled to groan at misplaced passes to the opposition when it was a regular occurrence in the first half .

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    We have approx 3000 season ticket holders and about another 300 who pay on the day so with the 200 odd visiting supporters the gate number was right. I felt the crowd supported the team well but we are entitled to groan at misplaced passes to the opposition when it was a regular occurrence in the first half .
    I'm pretty sure we have well below 3,000 season ticket holders,infact I've a feeling it's around 1,800ish.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    You are entitled to moan and even boo if you so wish, I just wanted people to try and cheer as much as possible and try and give a positive feel on the day instead of the problems the club has had over the last few weeks

3,498 against Yeovil. Looked a similar number yesterday. Extra 50 scouts there presumably.

Oh for the days when 50 scouts used to come to Gresty Road . I doubt we get 5 now at home games now

Different questions..

How long as the chippy been closed opposite the ground that has been there what 50 years? I can understand that other than match days they probably wouldn't do much business nowadays. I noticed the portable one by the shop. Is that something they do each match day now and what are the fish and chips and what not like?

We did say before that Dario didn't attend matches now but why is that? He must miss being there surely and nothing to do with the FA enquiry and his suspension as he has not been suspended from that activity? I could never understand why he sat there on his own when he could have sat next to John Bowler and discussed the match or players signed etc especially knowing each other since the early days? It would be good to see him do just that now as he has nothing to hide...His choice of course.

It was good to meet Scoff after the game as not seen him for a while. I said it was my first game this season and he said I must get to others then being it was rare win, lol..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast