+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Stats

Match Stats

I'm not a Pardew fan, but....

Match Stats Live Text

Home Team West Brom Away Team Southampton

Possession Home 47% Away 53%

Shots Home 23 Away 5

Shots on Target Home 7 Away 3

Corners Home 13 Away 4

Fouls Home 6 Away 15

I don't think whoever came in could achieve these stats using the players that he had nothing to do with buying.

However...I do believe that if we had opted for Pearson/Shakespeare instead of Pardew/Carver they would have us in a better position than we are now. They would have worked on our weak point of not converting all those chances...they are that kind of coaches.

The stats mean “zip”......I thought we were totally outclassed.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If we had converted the same percentage of shots on target we would have hammered them.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    I'm not a Pardew fan, but....

Match Stats Live Text

Home Team West Brom Away Team Southampton

Possession Home 47% Away 53%

Shots Home 23 Away 5

Shots on Target Home 7 Away 3

Corners Home 13 Away 4

Fouls Home 6 Away 15

I don't think whoever came in could achieve these stats using the players that he had nothing to do with buying.

However...I do believe that if we had opted for Pearson/Shakespeare instead of Pardew/Carver they would have us in a better position than we are now. They would have worked on our weak point of not converting all those chances...they are that kind of coaches.
    one thing you cant blame Pardew for is our strikers fluffing their chances in front of goal,under Pardew we are creating more chances but still missing the target more,that said I would twist again in the manager stakes if we got in a young progressive coach like dean smith as its clearly not working under Pardew

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    one thing you cant blame Pardew for is our strikers fluffing their chances in front of goal,under Pardew we are creating more chances but still missing the target more,that said I would twist again in the manager stakes if we got in a young progressive coach like dean smith as its clearly not working under Pardew
    I believe we are going down now and to come straight back up we will need a very strong character I know little of Dean Smith but I do know, as we all do that Pearson/Shakespeare have achieved what we need on more than one occasion...and they are ex baggies men who are unbeaten in the few games they were in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    I believe we are going down now and to come straight back up we will need a very strong character I know little of Dean Smith but I do know, as we all do that Pearson/Shakespeare have achieved what we need on more than one occasion...and they are ex baggies men who are unbeaten in the few games they were in charge.
    being ex baggies for me counts for jacksh1t,rather an up and coming young coach who hasn't been round the block far too many times

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    being ex baggies for me counts for jacksh1t,rather an up and coming young coach who hasn't been round the block far too many times
    When we appointed Pulis we did it to stay in the Premiership an appointment that was a horses for courses job...it worked, but then became overworked and that is why we are where we are. We now need another horse for a far different course and being proven makes sense to go for Pearson/Shakespeare, we don't have the right kind of players to take a risk on a newby...we've been taking risks with managers/coaches for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We were Mick. Second to everything except for a good spell in the second half. Stats really annoy me to be honest. We beat Chelsea 3-0 under Pulis. stats.....3 shots....3 on target....3 goals. with around 30% posession and Chelsea with lots more shots. You get a feel of the match by using your eyes. Southampton looked like they wanted to win it....we didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    We were Mick. Second to everything except for a good spell in the second half. Stats really annoy me to be honest. We beat Chelsea 3-0 under Pulis. stats.....3 shots....3 on target....3 goals. with around 30% posession and Chelsea with lots more shots. You get a feel of the match by using your eyes. Southampton looked like they wanted to win it....we didnt.
    Well boingy I used my eyes yesterday too and we could have had five or six goals if the forwards had converted the same percentage of shots on target, one stat says we had 47% against their 53% yet we created twice as many shots on target which to me infers that their possession was a lot of sideways or backward movement, also emphasised by the stat that we had thir**** corners to their four which infers we had far more direct possession and pressure which brings it down to the stat that our conversion percentage is not high enough, stats point us in the direction of where we have to strengthen or at worst sharpen up, as we don't have any more window space it is the latter option that we have to take care of, the strikers should do nothing else but practice what they are supposed to do, bang in goals.

If the stats are ignored then nothing will get done about the quality of the team.

Sorry GLM I am with the others plenty of huff and puff but no real quality, don't think we looked like winning, no cohesion, in some cases no effort.

With regards different horses for different courses, agree with you that we look like we are heading for a different course and that therefore many of the players will change/jump ship, so rather than think of has-beens like Pearson, who had a couple of good seasons at Leicester, why not think outside the box and look further for some innovation with the next appointment?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)