+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post
    That's ok son. Now away and play with yer pals Pac and Mason.
    And you'll be ok up McInnes arse?

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Says the man who hasn't been to an Aberdeen game in about 5 seasons.

I've seen plenty of Rogers to make up my mind he's an average keeper.

Do I feel sorry for him, yes I probably do however his performance at Ross County was Nicky Walker like. He's no worse than what we currently have so toss a coin.
    When did you see plenty of Rogers?

Well, I saw enough in the game against Kilmarnock.

He's still been treated harshly here though.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Surely the reverse point is more valid.

The management team, who have decided he's too much of a risk, have seen him play often.

The majority of people claiming they called it wrong have barely seen him play.
    You mean trust the management team that think O’Connor is a centre half ?

Wonder if Brenda would have had Woodman between the sticks in Thursday's Libson eclipsing triumph had they gazumped the loan deal. Looks a bit lightweight, positionally suspect and nervous - the latter being fairly understandable if Considine and O'Connor form half or two thirds of your defensive line.

At least the manager will correct the matter in the summer and draft in Alexander Mk II. With any luck he might address the defensive personnel also if he's on top of the holding midfielder situation.

Question: Your first team goalkeeper is injured. Do you:

a/play the young keeper in your reserves
    b/sign an experienced stop-gap keeper.

What I've noticed over the years is that fans generally answer a, managers almost always go for b, even though it's eating into the budget they could have for other things.

I don't think professionals should get a free pass because they are professionals, but when the pros nearly always think the same thing and the fans think another I'm inclined to suspect the pros know the score a bit better than we do.
    But the problem is McInnes did neither. He signed up a kid with hardly any experience. If we had signed a Cammy Bell like character, then fair enough. But we signed a kid with experience similar to our own reserve keeper. Our manager loves a loan in. Fair enough 1 or 2, but we have 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    And you'll be ok up McInnes arse?
    Look son, it's not my fault you are an unhappy clapper.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    But the problem is McInnes did neither. He signed up a kid with hardly any experience. If we had signed a Cammy Bell like character, then fair enough. But we signed a kid with experience similar to our own reserve keeper. Our manager loves a loan in. Fair enough 1 or 2, but we have 5 or 6.
    We did what we could in a restricted market. The guy played well for Killie last year, and Celtic wanted him. In fact, if he hadn't had a bit more integrity than most he'd be at Parkhead now. Any new signing's a risk, but we'd every reason to believe we'd done well to get him.

Surely the reverse point is more valid.

The management team, who have decided he's too much of a risk, have seen him play often.

The majority of people claiming they called it wrong have barely seen him play.
    Very true.
    I’d trust the management team and goalkeeping coach to choose the best option.

Is there a notable difference in quality between the two?

Rogers looked dodgy in Dingwall but Woodman looks dodgy because of O’Conner & Considine in front of him.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast