+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Surely some on here would not be as transparent to criticise our current coach over fielding a loan player above a signed player......then again......well......the way I see it , is Rodgers is not up to scratch according to our goalkeeping coach,defensive players etc......with work he will get there,however......let’s get behind the team and whoever we have between the sticks......the time some spend on here with the same “crusade”.....is as shown by the lack of posts responding ....tedious at best.
    BOD V Cove to see two decent goalies for me tonight.....anyway.
    SF
    Wouldn’t critics the coach however wouldn’t the manager have the final say on who plays. Suppose it depends on what the loan says as to who plays

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Putting your faith into the goalkeeping coach is great as well but remember we had one that thought Bertrand Bossu could do a job
    Are you criticising Marshall's views now because of Leighton's views as a coach?

If you recall, subsequently Leighton was released (possibly as a consequence) and then reappointed by Brown.
    McInnes then released Leighton again shortly after he took over.

Would you consider McInnes made a good call in releasing the GK coach who thought Bossu could do a job?

It was a simple enough question. You could’ve saved time by answering it, rather than typing out all that.

So why is it certain players can play as pish as they like, without being dropped?

If you’re right & im wrong, then what you’re saying is McInnes is being inconsistent with his selections.
    I don't think anyone can just play as pish as they like without fear of being dropped. But leaving aside the "Are-you-still-beating-your-wife ?" nature of the question ...........the lack of a satisfactory alternative option , is probably the (bleedin' obvious) reason McInnes sticks with same core of players. That , and the fact that we've tended to rack up a decent number of points by doing so. Plenty room for improvement , though.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Would you consider McInnes made a good call in releasing the GK coach who thought Bossu could do a job?
    Absolutely but that wasn’t the point. As usual, we’re asked to trust (there’s that word again) that our management are getting it right.

Absolutely but that wasn’t the point. As usual, we’re asked to trust (there’s that word again) that our management are getting it right.
    It was my point.
    I was pointing out that you recognise it as a good call by McInness to change out the goalkeeping coach back in 2015, yet are questioning their decision now.

Is it possible that you were in agreement with them then and that as they see the goalkeepers on a daily basis that they have made the correct call again?

Your point wasnt relevant to my point but let’s not do this again eh?

Your point wasnt relevant to my point but let’s not do this again eh?
    Were having a discussion, a topical debate.
    You mentioned trust and I made a valid point that you "trusted" their judgement to replace the coach who thought that Bossu could do a job, yet are now questioning their decision making.

Is it that you can't accept that their decisions if they don't align with your own?
    I'm merely suggesting that they have a better insight working with the players day in day out.

Scott Brown played 38 games for us. Explain that one away using the trust argument

He earned his chance & didn’t deserve to get dropped. If he looked iffy that was probably down to nerves, which is understandable. Other players in the team do deserve to get dropped, have more than earned it, yet still get picked. There’s no consistency there & it sends out a honking message.

To drop him for a player that isn’t even ours makes it worse.
    I've seen this a couple of times now in relation to Rodgers. Can I ask, how has he earned his chance?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast