+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Rodgers

The Rodgers v Woodman debate is helping to deflect from the utter uselessness of our Managers tactics and O'Connor.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Surely the reverse point is more valid.

The management team, who have decided he's too much of a risk, have seen him play often.

The majority of people claiming they called it wrong have barely seen him play.
    If the management think he is too much of a risk why did they offer him a new contract and bring him back from his loan at Falkirk? If they did not think he would make it as a keeper they would have punted him like they have done with Shankland, Smith, Low, MacManus and the rest. What they have one makes no sense to me.

Both games Rogers started , he didn't look too clever for any of the three goals he conceded.....especially Ross County's second

I can't really fault Woodman for any of the goals he's let in. With a wee bit more luck the saves he made in the lead-up to the first Hibs goal would have seen the danger averted

The faux concern for the way Rogers has been treated is just another stick to beat McInnes with.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    The faux concern for the way Rogers has been treated is just another stick to beat McInnes with.
    He earned his chance & didn’t deserve to get dropped. If he looked iffy that was probably down to nerves, which is understandable. Other players in the team do deserve to get dropped, have more than earned it, yet still get picked. There’s no consistency there & it sends out a honking message.

To drop him for a player that isn’t even ours makes it worse.

Both games Rogers started , he didn't look too clever for any of the three goals he conceded.....especially Ross County's second

I can't really fault Woodman for any of the goals he's let in. With a wee bit more luck the saves he made in the lead-up to the first Hibs goal would have seen the danger averted

Possibly but he's better than Scott Brown so McInnes should have been whacked silly with a stick for that alone.

Lewis got injured, we needed cover.

McInnes signs the best keeper available to him, and is clearly of the belief that Woodman is the better choice.

There seems to be a suggestion that McInnes should have gone out and signed a keeper not up to scratch just to allow Danny Rogers to play!

Agreed,
    Woodmans kicking under pressure does not look as assured compared to when he has time, but I also think he seems more confident with crosses into the box either to claim or punch clear.
    I'd agree that you can't claim he's been at fault for the goals conceded and indeed has made some good saves at times.

Your right with it just being an excuse to beat McInnes with the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Agreed,
    Woodmans kicking under pressure does not look as assured compared to when he has time, but I also think he seems more confident with crosses into the box either to claim or punch clear.
    I'd agree that you can't claim he's been at fault for the goals conceded and indeed has made some good saves at times.

Your right with it just being an excuse to beat McInnes with the stick.
    Surely some on here would not be as transparent to criticise our current coach over fielding a loan player above a signed player......then again......well......the way I see it , is Rodgers is not up to scratch according to our goalkeeping coach,defensive players etc......with work he will get there,however......let’s get behind the team and whoever we have between the sticks......the time some spend on here with the same “crusade”.....is as shown by the lack of posts responding ....tedious at best.
    BOD V Cove to see two decent goalies for me tonight.....anyway.
    SF

So why is it certain players can play as pish as they like, without being dropped?

If you’re right & im wrong, then what you’re saying is McInnes is being inconsistent with his selections.

Putting your faith into the goalkeeping coach is great as well but remember we had one that thought Bertrand Bossu could do a job

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    So why is it certain players can play as pish as they like, without being dropped?

If you’re right & im wrong, then what you’re saying is McInnes is being inconsistent with his selections.

Putting your faith into the goalkeeping coach is great as well but remember we had one that thought Bertrand Bossu could do a job
    I’m quite often wrong.....part of life I suppose......anyway, sometimes I am right.....if I can get a bet on at an acceptable price( not easy nowadays)......again, part of life I suppose.......when Deek leaves his position as coach as everyone has done eventually in the history of our club.......will your obsession taper off?......if not.....well, it must be a bugger that whoever you witnessed Deek chatting up at Ibrox has this effect on you.
    SF

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast