+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Does playing in the top league mean he's better?
    I think you are trying to bait.
    Obviously playing in the top league is not a guarantee that he's better, but it is an indication given he would face better quality opposition week in and week out.
    Generally, the better players play in the higher leagues

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Remind me of when Dumbarton and Falkirk played in the top league?

The post was in responce to your evidently wrong claim that noone was lauding his performances at Kilmarnock.
    Covered the lower league point, try and keep up.

I meant nobody from here mentioned Woodman once but you knew that already. I couldn’t give a f*ck about Lee McCullochs opinion on anything & the Kilmarnock board obviously thought along those lines too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Covered the lower league point, try and keep up.

I meant nobody from here mentioned Woodman once but you knew that already. I couldn’t give a f*ck about Lee McCullochs opinion on anything & the Kilmarnock board obviously thought along those lines too.
    Nice deflection attempt.

Can you reflect on the quation I asked regarding what Woodman has done wrong in his games so far?

Its been pointed out time and again.
    But for the sake of repeating the same responce, the management team, including the goalkeeping coach would not have made a decision purely on Rogers two 90 odd-ish minute games and the 10 minutes when he replaced Lewis.
    They'd be looking at the training everyday as well

Incidentally, in his 2 full games, Rogers conceded 3 goals.
    I would not blame for the goal against Kilmarnock, but it is questionable his decision making to come off his line in the box which contributed to the first goal v Ross County (although I can accept this happens to any GK) and certainly he should have done a lot better when Schalk put the ball through his legs from a tight angle for his second. Rogers should have saved that.

Overall, I've been more impressed with Woodman.
    He seems more vocal than Rogers and certainly appears to be more confident coming off his line.
    I like his distribution from feet when not under pressure but do concede his kicking under pressure is pretty poor.
    Overall, I'm more confident with Woodman than I am with Rogers

As for the we, I put myself into the category you were wrongly describing.
    Maybe you should articulate who the "we" are
    Woodman must have made some impression during training then. He was only here a few days.

I'll stick to my original point though that you'll use the Woodman and Rodgers debate as another reason to get your head further up our Managers arse.

Is that articulate enough?

Nice deflection attempt.

Can you reflect on the quation I asked regarding what Woodman has done wrong in his games so far?
    Langfieldesque kicking & although O’Conner sold the team out for Hibs first, I wouldn’t say woodman was entirely blameless in it either. I’ll try this one last time though. Woodman isn’t really the problem in this scenario. For Rogers to get f*cked over that badly, Woodman has to be considerably better. He’s not

Woodman must have made some impression during training then. He was only here a few days.

I'll stick to my original point though that you'll use the Woodman and Rodgers debate as another reason to get your head further up our Managers arse.

Is that articulate enough?
    Not at all, McInnes isn't the focal point here (although you and a few others want to latch onto using that stick for McInnes).
    the question boils down to who has shown to be the best option for Aberdeen whilst our main keeper is injured.
    They've seen Rogers all season in training, he's covered a couple of games since he came in and to be hones, should have done better.
    Rogers has not been offered an extension so the decision is already assured for his career at Aberdeen.
    He's not deemed good enough.

Surely you don't want the manager to revert to playing keepers of the quality you use to lambast the manager with.
    Any excuse, any excuse

[edit]
    Just for clarification, your defence of the player is laughable as you don't even know how to spell his name.
    Transparency - there is no love in for Rogers (There is no "d" in his name), its a faux pas strawman argument to once again slate McInnes
    [/edit]
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 22-02-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Langfieldesque kicking & although O’Conner sold the team out for Hibs first, I wouldn’t say woodman was entirely blameless in it either. I’ll try this one last time though. Woodman isn’t really the problem in this scenario. For Rogers to get f*cked over that badly, Woodman has to be considerably better. He’s not
    I think you need to accept that Aberdeen have not offered Rogers an extension to his contract.
    He's not considered good enough.
    He was cover and the plan appears to have been to let him go in the summer time.

Lewis got injured and Rogers failes to convince, indeed was cuplable for some goals conceded in those fleeting appearances, hence the management moved to get an alternative replacement in.

A replacement who had more experience in our top level, had a very successful summer winning the U20 WC, was considered good enough to be on the bench in the Premiership this season and therefore comes with more confidence.

If you can;t see that, then guess its time to leave you to use this as an excuse to play the same old record berating McInnes

Not at all, McInnes isn't the focal point here (although you and a few others want to latch onto using that stick for McInnes).
    the question boils down to who has shown to be the best option for Aberdeen whilst our main keeper is injured.
    They've seen Rogers all season in training, he's covered a couple of games since he came in and to be hones, should have done better.
    Rogers has not been offered an extension so the decision is already assured for his career at Aberdeen.
    He's not deemed good enough.

Surely you don't want the manager to revert to playing keepers of the quality you use to lambast the manager with.
    Any excuse, any excuse
    Any excuse for what? I don't think either keeper looks particularly good but that's maybe compared to Lewis. Both are probably better than langfield and both are definitely better than Collins and Scott ****ing Brown.

You just don't like Mcinnes being criticised so you'll use anything you can to defend him and bum him up.

Any excuse for what? I don't think either keeper looks particularly good but that's maybe compared to Lewis. Both are probably better than langfield and both are definitely better than Collins and Scott ****ing Brown.

You just don't like Mcinnes being criticised so you'll use anything you can to defend him and bum him up.
    I'll criticise McInnes when its constructive and the right time to do so.
    not at every opportunity as some prefer.

I'll criticise McInnes when its constructive and the right time to do so.
    not at every opportunity as some prefer.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast