+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Rodgers

Danny Rodgers

I think Danny Rodgers has been harshly treated by MacInnes recently. He was out on loan for the past two seasons and did well at Falkirk. He came back and sat on the bench until Lewis got injured and then got his chance. He may well have been partly responsible for the two goals lost at Ross County but the defense were also to blame. He should certainly been given another chance. We needed another keeper when Lewis got injured but MacInnes should have gone for an experienced player in the mould of Neil Alexander as back up to Rodgers. Instead he goes for a 20 year old on loan from Newcastle with the terms of the loan requiring that he be played. What that has done for Rodgers confidence is anybody's guess but it will not have done it any good. When he got Danny Ward in it was completely different as we had two dud goalkeepers on the books and MacInnes rightly played him from the start. I do not think Blackman is any improvement on Rodgers and he could be worse. I expect Rodgers will be gone at the end of the season and it sends exactly the wrong message to youngsters like Wright, Ross and the like.

Yep, it’s been a disgrace. You can’t even say he was dropped because of form because McInbes clearly doesn’t do that.

Three different managers will select our team against Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Three different managers will select our team against Celtic.
    Had a rant about that too yesterday. McAnus is a weak man

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I think Danny Rodgers has been harshly treated by MacInnes recently. He was out on loan for the past two seasons and did well at Falkirk. He came back and sat on the bench until Lewis got injured and then got his chance. He may well have been partly responsible for the two goals lost at Ross County but the defense were also to blame. He should certainly been given another chance. We needed another keeper when Lewis got injured but MacInnes should have gone for an experienced player in the mould of Neil Alexander as back up to Rodgers. Instead he goes for a 20 year old on loan from Newcastle with the terms of the loan requiring that he be played. What that has done for Rodgers confidence is anybody's guess but it will not have done it any good. When he got Danny Ward in it was completely different as we had two dud goalkeepers on the books and MacInnes rightly played him from the start. I do not think Blackman is any improvement on Rodgers and he could be worse. I expect Rodgers will be gone at the end of the season and it sends exactly the wrong message to youngsters like Wright, Ross and the like.
    Do feel sorry for the loon, however I’ve never watched him in training with our goalkeeping coach or spoke to his defensive colleagues.....Ross, like McKenna last season at Ayr is getting game time at least.....onwards and upwards.
    SF

Rodgers is obviously not good enough.

He's nae ony worse than this bloke they've brought in though.

McKenna only played because of a poor defensive performance at Motherwell, if that hadn’t happened he have never played. He will never play any of the young players instead he will sign players from league 1

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Rodgers is obviously not good enough.

He's nae ony worse than this bloke they've brought in though.

Would play Rodgers against the Dhims. Freddie doesn't inspire confidence despite having a few decent saves yesterday.

Another ****-up from McInnes.

Question: Your first team goalkeeper is injured. Do you:

a/play the young keeper in your reserves
    b/sign an experienced stop-gap keeper.

What I've noticed over the years is that fans generally answer a, managers almost always go for b, even though it's eating into the budget they could have for other things.

I don't think professionals should get a free pass because they are professionals, but when the pros nearly always think the same thing and the fans think another I'm inclined to suspect the pros know the score a bit better than we do.

For all the love shown for this man, naebody kens his name.

Rogers is not up to it.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast