+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    LOL, nice deflection attempt from the reality, but we'd rather discuss the merits of the keepers but are dragged into the managements teams decisions
    So Rodgers plays one game for us and he's not good enough? His loans spells weren't good enough?

And who is "we" exactly?

He certainly was getting excellent praise whilst at Kilmarnock.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39763300

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39765231

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...d-cup-call-up/

The Killie support was behind him as well looking at their forum
    http://www.killiefc.com/forum/index..../2575-woodman/

Here's even a clip of highlights in a game against Rangers.
    I see McInnes was in attendance and would have noted Woodman's excellent display
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2dKyyrs9Bo

Let me ask you, what has he been at fault for so far with
    I could post pretty much the exact same thing except about Rogers but I知 still trying to get my head round you going to that bother. If you want to post links about Dumbarton & Falkirk fans /management praising him, I知 sure you値l find them. Just in the interests of balance

McInnes being in attendance at a Hun game isnt a shock but you池e making assumptions about what he took from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    A good league maybe, but one of a lower level than ours. Plenty of players have left and wounded up in the championship, and many have said that was their level, it could very well be that it is the same for Rogers. A decent player, but not good enough to take us to the next level (whatever that is)

I think for some, this argument is about bashing mciness more than defending Rogers. I do wonder if this discussion would of rumbled on as long if it was a different manager.
    Best wishes to Rogers wherever his career path goes, sadly most threads on here start off as a topical debate.....then the usual suspects log on and turn the thread into a one way anti Deek street...Zzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Best wishes to Rogers wherever his career path goes, sadly most threads on here start off as a topical debate.....then the usual suspects log on and turn the thread into a one way anti Deek street...Zzzzz
    I believe the first post was "anti McInnes". Shirely it's keeping with the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Do you think your post helped with the debate?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I believe the first post was "anti McInnes". Shirely it's keeping with the topic?
    Indeed, first post was about Danny being dropped and quite rightly on an open forum the OP was not too enamoured with our coach for doing this...I objectively replied later that our coach has access to daily training along with input from senior players/other coaches etc....also wishing Danny all the best going forward......in between though....two anti Deeks could not control their hard ons with their love in as the thread derailed again into their obsessive dislike of our current coach.....Groundhog Day.....again.....speaking of which I知 normally en route to the bookies/pub by now.....daily routine and all that... time to log off for this thirsty dandy.
    SF

One thing we can all agree on, the sooner we get Lewis back the better. How long is this Freddy guy loaned for, what happens when Joe is back?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I could post pretty much the exact same thing except about Rogers but I知 still trying to get my head round you going to that bother. If you want to post links about Dumbarton & Falkirk fans /management praising him, I知 sure you値l find them. Just in the interests of balance

McInnes being in attendance at a Hun game isnt a shock but you池e making assumptions about what he took from it.
    Remind me of when Dumbarton and Falkirk played in the top league?

The post was in responce to your evidently wrong claim that noone was lauding his performances at Kilmarnock.

Remind me of when Dumbarton and Falkirk played in the top league?

The post was in responce to your evidently wrong claim that noone was lauding his performances at Kilmarnock.
    Does playing in the top league mean he's better?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So Rodgers plays one game for us and he's not good enough? His loans spells weren't good enough?

And who is "we" exactly?
    Its been pointed out time and again.
    But for the sake of repeating the same responce, the management team, including the goalkeeping coach would not have made a decision purely on Rogers two 90 odd-ish minute games and the 10 minutes when he replaced Lewis.
    They'd be looking at the training everyday as well

Incidentally, in his 2 full games, Rogers conceded 3 goals.
    I would not blame for the goal against Kilmarnock, but it is questionable his decision making to come off his line in the box which contributed to the first goal v Ross County (although I can accept this happens to any GK) and certainly he should have done a lot better when Schalk put the ball through his legs from a tight angle for his second. Rogers should have saved that.

Overall, I've been more impressed with Woodman.
    He seems more vocal than Rogers and certainly appears to be more confident coming off his line.
    I like his distribution from feet when not under pressure but do concede his kicking under pressure is pretty poor.
    Overall, I'm more confident with Woodman than I am with Rogers

As for the we, I put myself into the category you were wrongly describing.
    Maybe you should articulate who the "we" are

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast