+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evans and Barry

Evans and Barry

I thought these two should have been dropped yesterday and Pardew should have gone for Field or Yacob and Nyom at left back.
    Even though we looked fragile at the back yesterday, I didn’t think we deserved to lose. Rondon and McLean came out 2nd half like they had possessed! I was also hoping Gabr would get a run out.
    Huddersfield will define the rest of our season I think.

Should have cashed in Evans as it is clear that without the defensive discipline instilled in him under tp he is not as effective as a leader at the back as he was under him.

He used to organise the defence now he just let's thing happen he is just counting the days before he gets his cut price move away, and getting involved in taxi gate shows how his discipline has declined.

Barry is past it and the sad truth is the only person slower than him is his replacement yacob.

lucky lucky boys.
    Last edited by wbatillidie; 19-02-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
    I thought these two should have been dropped yesterday and Pardew should have gone for Field or Yacob and Nyom at left back.
    Even though we looked fragile at the back yesterday, I didn’t think we deserved to lose. Rondon and McLean came out 2nd half like they had possessed! I was also hoping Gabr would get a run out.

Both should have been dropped for the following reasons:
    1. Clear and loud message that the lack of discipline was disgraceful
    2. It was a cup match and the perfect opportunity to play Field and squad players

Had this been the Huddersfield match, whilst not agreeing if they had played, I could slightly have understood - it was not!

Pardew has made himself look worse by playing them and we lost and especially as Barry still looked knackered from drink!

Poor show and question whether Pardew did not want to appear as an hypocrite as he no doubt was pissed himself when losing his wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Should have cashed in Evans as it is clear that without the defensive discipline instilled in him under tp he is not as effective as a leader at the back as he was under him.

He used to organise the defence now he just let's thing happen he is just counting the days before he gets his cut price move away, and getting involved in taxi gate shows how his discipline has declined.

Barry is past it and the sad truth is the only person slower than him is his replacement yacob.
    I think Evans had learned his disciplines at Man Utd...long before TP got hold of him...he made loads of errors then and has cost us quite a few points with the errors he has made whilst playing for us.

Agree about Barry being too old and slow...don't know why we persist with this type of player.

Yacob has never been ultra quick but if used in his best role of playing in front of the back four breaking up plays then making short passes to the midfield.
    We need faster players in the midfield to receive the ball and get the attacks going...Field should probably have played versus Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    I think Evans had learned his disciplines at Man Utd...long before TP got hold of him...he made loads of errors then and has cost us quite a few points with the errors he has made whilst playing for us.

Agree about Barry being too old and slow...don't know why we persist with this type of player.

Yacob has never been ultra quick but if used in his best role of playing in front of the back four breaking up plays then making short passes to the midfield.
    We need faster players in the midfield to receive the ball and get the attacks going...Field should probably have played versus Saints.

Agree with you GLM and whilst Evans is still a great player, he's not the same player since coming back from injury. I would have Yacob over Barry but that's just my opinion as Yacob gets stuck in more. I would have played Field against Saints from the start and had he played well, he would have perhaps started against Huddersfield.

Even if it's the tea lady - anything less than 3 points from Huddersfield will be curtains!

Put it this way, you are on a trip abroad with your firm who are paying your expenses. You then get drunk, steal a taxi and drink drive.
    Your firm would immediately suspend you on full pay while investigations are carried out, and they would terminate your contract if you were found guilty.
    Why are Evans and Barry any different?
    As i said earlier, Pardew is weak for letting it happen and weaker for selecting them. Personally i wouldn't have let them anywhere near an Albion shirt again.
    Player power at this club has been there since Pepe Mel, and it's still there.
    Write this season off and have a major cull from top to bottom.

While I agree with the majority of sentiments expressed regarding these four, unfortunately we in a very difficult position and our league place demands that perhaps we have to ignore our principles, bite the bullet and select them. Yes, it does 'go against the grain' but needs be, needs must. I'm sure that many of you will disagree with this and understandably so, but as I say, we are in the mire. We will need a gargantuan effort to get out of this mess and we may not do so, but as I say, we have to give ourselves the best chance of achieving safety.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Agree with you GLM and whilst Evans is still a great player, he's not the same player since coming back from injury. I would have Yacob over Barry but that's just my opinion as Yacob gets stuck in more. I would have played Field against Saints from the start and had he played well, he would have perhaps started against Huddersfield.

Even if it's the tea lady - anything less than 3 points from Huddersfield will be curtains!
    Disagree Al I don't think Evans is or was a great player , a pretty half player & played in a good side at man U

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Disagree Al I don't think Evans is or was a great player , a pretty half player & played in a good side at man U

Hi Johnny - decent player is probably a better word although he was average at best at Man U. Last season I thought he was one of our best players and this season, don't think we would really miss him or have when absent!
    Last edited by baggieal; 19-02-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)