Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
I thought these two should have been dropped yesterday and Pardew should have gone for Field or Yacob and Nyom at left back.
Even though we looked fragile at the back yesterday, I didn’t think we deserved to lose. Rondon and McLean came out 2nd half like they had possessed! I was also hoping Gabr would get a run out.
Huddersfield will define the rest of our season I think.
Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
Should have cashed in Evans as it is clear that without the defensive discipline instilled in him under tp he is not as effective as a leader at the back as he was under him.

He used to organise the defence now he just let's thing happen he is just counting the days before he gets his cut price move away, and getting involved in taxi gate shows how his discipline has declined.

Barry is past it and the sad truth is the only person slower than him is his replacement yacob.
I think Evans had learned his disciplines at Man Utd...long before TP got hold of him...he made loads of errors then and has cost us quite a few points with the errors he has made whilst playing for us.

Agree about Barry being too old and slow...don't know why we persist with this type of player.

Yacob has never been ultra quick but if used in his best role of playing in front of the back four breaking up plays then making short passes to the midfield.
We need faster players in the midfield to receive the ball and get the attacks going...Field should probably have played versus Saints.