+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on flops

Did Thauvin not complain of being homesick after a couple of weeks of joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    not saying he hasnt improved
    just not as much as if he had gone to a club who have very good coaching set ups

we havent got it

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Despite what you think, Lascelles has without doubt improved his game, you only need to look at the stats.Thats down to the lad himself, and the coaching staff, not forgetting our manager who is after all, world class,and I believe a good man manager.
    not sayingh he hasnt improved just not as much as he would under a decent coaching set up
    i would say he has gone stagnenet under rafa

he is being asked to do to much ,has to much pressure on him
    he is dealing with it well but we need an old head with him
    me and a few others have said this any times

a couple of seasons ago i had him down a sa future england centre half
    not any more
    a decent one but not a great one

Yes - he's stagnated.

I even agree with you an older head next to him would be good but to say he's stagnated, sakes

yes but we only have fizzy players if you listen to some of the widescreen brigade on here

yet now they say he is mustard

or is he a flop

he was brought as a premier centre half

i still think he was good enough prospect to get an england call up before now

now he might get a squad place if there a re a few injuries

so yes stagnated

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    yes but we only have fizzy players if you listen to some of the widescreen brigade on here

yet now they say he is mustard

or is he a flop

he was brought as a premier centre half

i still think he was good enough prospect to get an england call up before now

now he might get a squad place if there a re a few injuries

so yes stagnated
    he was bought as a POTENTIAL premier league centre half. he was a championship player, and a young one at that, when bought and hadn't played in the premier league at all. so if he has stagnated then he is still a championship player... hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    not saying he hasnt improved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)