+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can they make the top two?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Date and kick-off time Play-Off tie
    Saturday, May 23, 2015 (5.30pm)
    Sky Bet League 2 - Final

Sunday, May 24, 2015 (5.30pm)
    Sky Bet League 1 - Final

Monday, May 25, 2015 (3pm)
    Sky Bet Championship - Final

Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Final
    Saturday 28th May (5.00pm)

Sky Bet League 1 Play-Off Final
    Sunday 29th May (3.00pm)

Sky Bet League 2 Play-Off Final
    Monday 30th May (3.00pm)

Championship Play-Off Final: 29 May 3pm

League One Play-Off Final: 20 May 3pm

League Two Play-Off Final: 28 May 3pm
    Just saved me from writing that out

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Think it was 2pm last time.. old memory so could be wrong.
    My memory is worse than yours Cayton....however I'm thinking we kicked off at 3pm v Leyton Orient 2014....

Definitely was 3pm. I've just checked the match day program that I have framed in my man cave.

Just looking back over the last few years for number of points needed to secure the runners up spot in League One, it could be anywhere between 83/4 and 93/4.

Even if we were able to replicate in the final thir**** matches the same performance as in the last thir**** - 30 points out of a possible 39, a massive ask - we would perhaps accumulate 89 points in total. That might just be enough but, with at least four teams fighting it out for an automatic place, I suspect the points required for the runners up spot is going to be towards the top end of that historical range - and may be just outside our reach...

...but anything could happen...

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Just looking back over the last few years for number of points needed to secure the runners up spot in League One, it could be anywhere between 83/4 and 93/4.

Even if we were able to replicate in the final thir**** matches the same performance as in the last thir**** - 30 points out of a possible 39, a massive ask - we would perhaps accumulate 89 points in total. That might just be enough but, with at least four teams fighting it out for an automatic place, I suspect the points required for the runners up spot is going to be towards the top end of that historical range - and may be just outside our reach...

...but anything could happen...
    Coversley I think it will be lower this year! because there is so many teams hitting form and on great runs trying to get into the play offs, that there will be many dropped points, unfortunately we have to play most of these away !

Plymouth,Southend,Gillingham, Northampton, not to mention Wigan and Charlton !!

I think Shrews will dip out because they are sim ply not good enough constant petty fouling going unpunished by refs will only take you so far. I suspect that Hursty knows that this is the only way his squad can play to get results. It will be difficult to catch Blackburn and Wigan however. I think Wigan still being in the cup will help us as this will distract them from the league as has shown of late. It would be great for us if they could beat man city and get to the 6th round but it wont happen. Maybe a draw against Man city might help us for a couple of weeks.The other hope is for Blackburn and Wigan to have injuries to key p;layers eg Dack for Blackburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    My memory is worse than yours Cayton....however I'm thinking we kicked off at 3pm v Leyton Orient 2014....
    i based the time on me getting home and it was just going dark.. presumed it was a early kickoff as i was eating breakfast in wetherspoons at 1030am. what a great day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12