+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wembley Or Automatic Promotion ?

Wembley Or Automatic Promotion ?

If you could choose your route back to the championship what would it be ?

Personally I don't think you can beat getting promoted at Wembley , weekend away and backed by the whole town , nerve racking yes but that just adds to it in my opinion .

Automatic for me, that's what I'm hoping for.
    Thing is, I fly out on holiday on play off final day (27th May), mid afternoon.
    I somehow don't think my holiday insurance would pay out because my team is playing at Wembley!.
    Plus, my wife wouldn't be happy having to postpone holiday!.
    Wembley is a great way to get promoted, nothing better, the romance of it and the financial reward for the club is great.
    But, what will be, will be!.

Think I'm away for the playoff knockout stage though would be back for the final.. automatically for me. Blackpool at home last game would do

Automatic if possible. Get it done and dusted. I wouldn't turn down another playoff promotion though!

Agree great day at Wembley but for me this time I’d like autos

Think most of players would like to play at Wembley?

As it turns out should have been away til the day after play off final.
    But before I even knew when it was I changed my travel plans to come back on Fri before, to try and claw some leave days back

If we get to Wembley, that plan won't have worked but I've booked a night in London for the Sunday non the less.
    Hotel Swinton LOL couldn't resist.

Will miss both semis though, which were amazing last time, particularly the second leg at NYS against Preston. What a night.

Id like to do it that way for the sense of occasion, but if we manage to overcome all those odds to go up in an automatic place.
    What an achievement, something everybody at the club could be immensely proud of.
    Something really special.

Automatic, but still think it's a long shot.
    Gives the extra days to get new blood in rather than waiting to see ......

Automatic promotion for me.
    Great as beating' Leyton Orient ' was I don't want a ' Dagenham & Redbridge ' Wembley day out...que sera sera..

Aren't those penalty shootouts just the bees neez in play off finals , everything on the line from the previous 9 months hard slog .

Look at Leyton Orient today for your reference on how these things can go , mad innit .