+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utter F******G C**T Ref at Rochdale

Justice well and truly served Ali's swallow dive wouldn't have looked out of place at Wigan pier. What makes it worse is all the so called experts toeing the party line oh there was contact it's a pen. It's a fckin contact sport you retards or at least it used to be,I cringe at how soft this game has become my grandma would feel comfortable playing today if she was alive I'd love to know what Harris hunter and hockey would make of today's game. I hate how players win pens and free kicks these days and before anyone mentions it I wasn't happy with how fleck won the pen against the scum,it's gamesmanship and I know a lot of you think it's part and parcel but to me it's just cheating it could be easily eradicated with retrospective bans but the FA and premier league are both spineless and gutless and are just too afraid of upsetting the cosy equilibrium,they reap what they sow this game is on a downward spiral and they can't see it for the sky gravy train. Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Justice well and truly served Ali's swallow dive wouldn't have looked out of place at Wigan pier. What makes it worse is all the so called experts toeing the party line oh there was contact it's a pen. It's a fckin contact sport you retards or at least it used to be,I cringe at how soft this game has become my grandma would feel comfortable playing today if she was alive I'd love to know what Harris hunter and hockey would make of today's game. I hate how players win pens and free kicks these days and before anyone mentions it I wasn't happy with how fleck won the pen against the scum,it's gamesmanship and I know a lot of you think it's part and parcel but to me it's just cheating it could be easily eradicated with retrospective bans but the FA and premier league are both spineless and gutless and are just too afraid of upsetting the cosy equilibrium,they reap what they sow this game is on a downward spiral and they can't see it for the sky gravy train. Rant over
    great post bully....so true

see your point and dont disagree with you bulmer actually think it was a pen on alli but hes won quite a few that wernt any slight contact in the box these days and players go down refs are conned so easily these days but i suppose var may just cut some of this cheating out

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post

100% Spot on mate.

As Bully says, it's a contact sport.

Until the ref's asociation tells their members to enforce the rules properly it will carry on.....................and on

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    As Bully says, it's a contact sport.

Until the ref's asociation tells their members to enforce the rules properly it will carry on.....................and on
    The way the game's goin i give it 10years and tacklin will banned altogether.UTCB

Bring in retrospective punishments regardless of what the ref has done on the day, stick to them, no appeal, straight out of the next 3 games.

If we can review a decision with VAR, within a minute or so, it does not need 3 or 4 weeks for a panel to decide.

It might make Jeli Ali and a fair few more think about how they are killing the game.

Slightly more draconian but how about sacking every pundit who utters the " he had to go down, it's all part of the game these days" mantra?

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Bring in retrospective punishments regardless of what the ref has done on the day, stick to them, no appeal, straight out of the next 3 games.

If we can review a decision with VAR, within a minute or so, it does not need 3 or 4 weeks for a panel to decide.

It might make Jeli Ali and a fair few more think about how they are killing the game.

Slightly more draconian but how about sacking every pundit who utters the " he had to go down, it's all part of the game these days" mantra?
    The game's changed dramatically from the TC years but i'd hardly be sayin it's killing the game,the crowd figures up and darn the country would suggest otherwise.The game's changed alot but i for one still enjoy it very much at all levels,as i said on the Beeb cup tie thread those 2 ties that have been live Sunday&Monday were fantastic a bit of a throwback to the "Good owd days" if ya like.UTCB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12