+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rochdale

Rochdale

I know we’ve had our differences but what a performance from them today! Did themselves and all lower league teams proud. Spurs were so arrogant ( imo).... surprised myself cheering the equaliser!

I had a tenner on Henderson to score first Name:  IMG_20180218_164659.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  91.8 KB

£500k on the new pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    I had a tenner on Henderson to score first Name:  IMG_20180218_164659.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  91.8 KB
    Good arrow !!

Just shows what can be achieved by having a go, and not bottling it.

All credit to Rochdale. Super performance.

Here's my idea for livening to competition up though... If the draw pulls out Rochdale (league 1) at home v a premiership team, then the Referee should be a league 1 referee, NOT a premiership regular who thinks football is no longer a contact sport. Someone like Darren Deadman for example.....

I have to admit that since those those 2009 days as promotion rivals I've had a.sneaking admiration for Keith Hill. Great to see them take Spurs to a replay.

To be fair, we're not comparing like with like here. By all accounts, Notts showed some spunk in the home game and could easily have sneaked it - just like Rochdale. A more interesting comparison will be with the Dale that turns up for the re-match at Wembley. Will they bottle that, like Notts did? I suspect not. 3-1 to Spurs.

I bet it will not be as poor as notts effort

This is what the magic of the FA Cup is all about. Big clubs going to lower league opposition and being held or beaten.

As others have said the replay at Wembley will in all likelihood be a different story, but I don't expect it to be as poor as ours was at the Liberty. More inline with Newport's performance at Wembley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast