+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Rev's Inquest...

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    You know that is so true Marley - every time i've gone to watch a match, all those hundreds of times, it's never ceased to amaze me how much more than me those people who go every week know about football.

And it's amazing because they all happen to live nearer the ground too, and/or don't have other aspects of their lives that they need to pay for.

It's as if there is some magic formula - live near ground + spend money on team = amazing insight into football (and especially home team).

I've never heard any stupid, irresponsible, racist, threatening, bigoted, mindless, irritating, anti-social or ignorant things said by home fans. Especially not in the season ticket areas.

Nor have i ever seen or heard anything offensive, one-eyed, ignorant or malicious coming from those die-hard fans who go to away games either. They truly are the shining light in knowledge of football on all levels.

Henceforth I will make sure I only speak about football if i go to every game and pay my money. My opinion would be 'far more valid' then. I realise now that having a lifetime of experience of the game at all levels, playing, coaching, watching, managing, analysing, reading, means absolutely nothing against those 'lads that go every week'.

You'd think those lads would really vote with their feet more, though, wouldn't you?
    "Like", a lot!

This is going well, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Isn't it!
    You seem to have competition for your position as the resident Leeds Mad pantomime villain.

* Oh, yes you do. *

Indeed it is Orgs, they don't write threads like this anymore do they ?.

WTF your comment about fans who can't afford to go to games but who's points are valid and they are still fully fledged fans, I fall into that category, and I completely agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    You know that is so true Marley - every time i've gone to watch a match, all those hundreds of times, it's never ceased to amaze me how much more than me those people who go every week know about football.

And it's amazing because they all happen to live nearer the ground too, and/or don't have other aspects of their lives that they need to pay for.

It's as if there is some magic formula - live near ground + spend money on team = amazing insight into football (and especially home team).

I've never heard any stupid, irresponsible, racist, threatening, bigoted, mindless, irritating, anti-social or ignorant things said by home fans. Especially not in the season ticket areas.

Nor have i ever seen or heard anything offensive, one-eyed, ignorant or malicious coming from those die-hard fans who go to away games either. They truly are the shining light in knowledge of football on all levels.

Henceforth I will make sure I only speak about football if i go to every game and pay my money. My opinion would be 'far more valid' then. I realise now that having a lifetime of experience of the game at all levels, playing, coaching, watching, managing, analysing, reading, means absolutely nothing against those 'lads that go every week'.

You'd think those lads would really vote with their feet more, though, wouldn't you?

You seem to have competition for your position as the resident Leeds Mad pantomime villain.

* Oh, yes you do. *
    Oh no I don't!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)