+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: ot jeremy corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    As crap as May is, Corbyn is not going to get elected.
    So why are you so obsessed with him, you sad little drooler-over-conspiracy-theory-sites-linked-to the-far-right?

..and another question - whenever the topic of Hitler or Mussolini is mentioned, your motor-mouth suddenly goes suspiciously silent -why is that? Nothing about them on "Twitter"? (LOL!)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 21-02-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Even with the dumbed-down education system we have, run by Marxist teachers, people are not that stupid.
    Getting desperate now gf arent you, just like the establishment, getting ever so desperate that they're openly publishing lie after lie after lie. To be fair, it's a powerful enemy that the Labour party is taking on, it's the REAL enemy within, and what you're doing gf, is aiding and abetting it by believing their bull****. The fact is, by believing their shyte and actively promoting it on here and elswhere, you're just as much to blame for all the ills that are happening to this country as anyone, you should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Clearly not what? What is the point you are seeking to make?
    FFS! You've clearly never educated yourself on the subject.

Even with the dumbed-down education system we have, run by Marxist teachers, people are not that stupid.
    Eh? Marxist teachers?

I've worked with 100s of them and not met one. Left wing is as far as it goes but most I think have never read Marx. Not in my experience anyway.

Not worth arguing with these Corbynista zealots.

They wouldn't have had a bad word said against Stalin when he was murdering millions.

"Left good, Right bad", that's all that goes through their heads.

Would be more productive arguing with a watermelon.

You don't really argue though do you Fire?

You just rant out a few 2nd hand views from the mass media and far right web sites and then when you get challenged on the views, stop responding - implying that you are not able to justify your opinions with any kind of reason.

So much so that I believe you have added me to your 'Ignore' list so that you aren't troubled with your replies being coherently challenged... That's a whole new level in censorship for you! the online equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and singing loudly!

Top man!

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I missed this post in all the excitement of you deciding that answering the points that I made was a wee bit too difficult for you and coming up with a silly excuse not to do so

The Guardian and Independent are both left leaning. I haven't read the Mirror in years (who has?), but that was certainly Left leaning when it was run by Maxwell (former Labour MP and certainly wealthy - particularly after he had taken cash from the Mirror Group Pension fund).

I haven't agreed with you that we don’t have a fair press. I was pointing out that you were wrong when you claimed that I previously said that we did. Talking about a fair press is a ‘how long is a piece of string’ point. The press is not an amorphous mass and is capable of being fair at times and unfair at others. I suspect that members of Heath’s family will feel their treatment of him – printing details of allegations against him that he can’t address – is particularly unfair. The Great Leader had the opportunity to address the Czceh spy allegations and the MSM printed his denials as per the article that animal linked to.

As for my point about the limited effect of media bias, consider this: how often do you read the Daily Mail and would it turn you into a right winger if you did?

I’m really not sure where you are going with the ‘if all newspapers supported The Great Leader’ point? How does that hypothetical argument help? Not all newspapers support May (very few do) and so it is as unrealistic as it is hypothetical. As for my views, have you heard me complain that the media are biased because The Guardian is pro-Labour? I don’t think you have. That’s the difference between you and me on this point. I accept that a free press means freedom for proprietors and editorial teams to hold and express views, irrespective of whether I agree with them.

As for me not wanting to be hit in the pocket, you should read my posts. What I object to about the current Labour Party is that it is proposing to hit everyone in the pockets by re-running the failed, inflation and unemployment creating policies of the 70s. I also object to it proposing to buy middle class votes with a policy that is likely to reduce the quality and availability of university places in this country.
    I think the main issues here regarding political bias are:

1. The sheer volume of political control of the mass media on 'advising' voters how to vote. If we accept that most readers are to an extent influenced by the concentrated, repeated and quite urgent arguments made for/against the different political parties, then let's look at how far this 'control' might go. Of the mass newspapers here is how they breakdown with political support and readership:

The Guardian Labour (although lib dem in 2010) 300k readers
    FT Conservatives 400k
    Telegraph Tories 700k
    The Sun Tories 3 million
    Mail Tories 2, 120k
    Express Tories 700k
    Mirror Labour 1, 200k
    Times Tories 500k
    Daily Star Tories (albeit very slyly!) 800k

That by my reckoning means that there are 8 million 200 thousand people who receive sustained political arguments advising them to vote Conservative versus 1 million and 500 thousand who receive labour political 'advisement'.

If we further accept that these newspapers are owned by just a handful of businessmen who in themselves are very fearful of any government that might threaten even a small cut of their (and their funding big business advertisers) profits, then you have a very effective historically effective 'machine' that aims to persuade a huge % of the voting public to vote conservative.

Is that a fair, balanced press? Are we all happy with that?

2) The examples you give, of some right wing newspapers attacking Cameron, Heath and Green and the other fella - is that the best you can do? These conservative newspapers offer a systematic personality slaughter of not just Corbyn but any Labour leader that does not explicitly distance themselves from threatening corporate wealth and any semblance of even slight wealth redistribution (hence how Murdoch accepted Blair and smoothed his way into the role). Some ran half of their newspapers in election week with pictures of Corbyn caricatured as the devil, hands around terrorists. And all you can offer as a way of making it appear that they treat parties equally is that they have gone for a PM at the time (Cameron) on a scandal, but CRUCIALLY only 4 months after his safe re-election as PM and therefore not a scandal to ever shake the establishment was it?, a dead former leader from decades ago and a relatively insignificant, easily replaceable MP who had been caught with ****o on his PC. Do you really think this compares? If Green had been Corbyn, with a bit of ****o on his PC instead of "Shed Weekly" or with his old fella in a hog's gob, do you think we'd have heard the end of it at the time that matters, in the run up to election? Come on lad, you're bright enough to know that these were mere 'storms in easily managed tea cups' and no threat at all to the Conservative led establishment.

I have a couple of ideas for how a 'free press' could be more satisfactorily managed in what struggles to think of itself as a democracy but gotta go now - daughter bedtime. Tata

tory supporting press Name:  level-playing-field.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  55.3 KB labour supporting press

I wonder who will win this game Mr Kemps?

The rich/powerful/priviliged Name:  level-playing-field.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  55.3 KB The poor/ underprivileged/ weak

Another sure fire winner.

Who would you put your money on to win the games eh? (unfortunately there is no half time turn around in these games-one half only).
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-02-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Abbott now says she's going to scrap more immigration controls to let many more immigrants in, because there are many coming in ATM.

At least she's being honest I suppose, although not about her reason for doing it, to increase their voter base.

Hardly a vote-winning policy outside London though, well not yet anyway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...grants-in.html
    Last edited by great_fire; 21-02-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Must be exhausting being you GF.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast