+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not Villa for Newcy and EveWolf

Not Villa for Newcy and EveWolf

Just heard that Alan Pardew stated that none of the four players that stole the taxi in Barcelona will ever wear a Baggie shirt again.

Apparently, since then, 7 more Albion players came forward and said they were in the back seat.

Can we laugh as well Statesie? Seems such a shame to exclude us Villans.

We can, but they're apparently not real rivals.

They have been taking the piss out of our demise in a ‘holier than thou’ type of manner for 2 years. Pride comes before a fall & all that.
    As for rivals, I know that they are THE main rivals for you and others born to the Handsworth ‘hood’ but for most whilst there is a local rivalry geographically, there was never the same venom at the games, compared to small heath. I’ve been to 2 Black country derbies over the years and there is a white hot atmosphere not seen at Villa/wba or Villa/wolves.
    Nonetheless, it’s a witty observation of the chaos going on up the A41, worthy of a chuckle from all affiliated to the West Mids.
    Judging by ‘gallows humour’ of Midlands folk, I’m sure them lot on wbamad laughed as well.

Exiled, you are so right. I grew up in Handsworth Wood. A bunch of Albion players lived there at the time. The rivalry between us Villans and them was quite bitter. I saw 4 Villa/Albion matches before my first Villa/Blues match and oh my lord the difference was astonishing. It was an unbelievable atmosphere. I hadn't realised it was as huge as it was because until I left school and got my first job I had never met a Birmingham fan. A Rangers fan, a Celtic fan, a Walsall fan and an Oldham fan, but never a Blues fan.

What road did you live on Statesey? I myself was a Wood boy in the 80's!

I lived at High Trees, Then 122 Hamstead Hall Rd by Grestone junior school. Then 5 The Coppice off Denewood Ave

Small world - I lived on Underwood Road.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)